Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2018, 10:53 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

Well, with the TST 507 you merely unscrew them and screw them onto the other toad. That's all there is to it unless the pressures are different, then just adjust that. Just remember which wheel is which.
Cooperhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 09:50 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

EEZ on our ‘17 View with Borg metal valve stems. Large display with lithium battery, easy to replace batteries on sensors. They recommend against the pass thru on front tires because they stick out a bit more. I have the non-pass thru all around. Since tire problems can lead to catastrophic events, I can’t understand why someone would not have a TPMS installed.
rv kayakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:42 PM   #23
Winnebago Master

Greatly appreciate the responses. Leaning to the EEZRV.

My most pressing question deals with the Camry when we dolly tow it. Since the Camry has its own, factory installed TPMS, can the EEZRV sensors be installed on the Camry valve stems and still generate a signal? No conflict between the two different systems?

Fair Winds and Following Seas
Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:22 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchinahand View Post
Greatly appreciate the responses. Leaning to the EEZRV.

My most pressing question deals with the Camry when we dolly tow it. Since the Camry has its own, factory installed TPMS, can the EEZRV sensors be installed on the Camry valve stems and still generate a signal? No conflict between the two different systems?

Think of it this way. When you place a cup of coffee on a coaster does the table cloth stop working? Two separate systems.

The good thing about the EEZ pass through sensors is that they are built like your valve stem. There is a finger in the bottom of the sensor that pushes the tire valve open. I never could figure out how the TST system I had, and didn't work well for me, did that. Also, getting air, for me, into the tire was often slow or not at all. The EEZ system allows a good flow through the sensor. Your sensors on the car/dolly will not stop the external sensors from functioning. They are in tandem. What one sensor feels the other will also. You may need the EEZ repeater. If you haven't noted, change the batteries annually.

Happy trails. Rick Y
Old 11-12-2018, 05:05 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Thanks Rick! Coffee cup, coaster, tablecloth - finally an analogy this knuckle dragging old flange head can understand! Here I was getting all wrapped around the axle thinking in terms of feedback from mic too close to the speakers!

Jokes aside, I get a lot of actionable advice and information from this forum. Hard for many to believe, but we've logged over 25K in our "new to us" Journey, with nary a thought to TPMS. And we belong to that sub-set who prefer the by-ways to the high-ways! Then, last month we were trapped in a freak snowstorm for several days in a campground near Alpine AZ. And nearly everyone of our fellow "trappies" had a blow out story to tell. SWMBO squint-eyed me, I tugged my forelock, and the rest is history.

Contacted EEZRV a couple of hours ago. Expecting a ten sensor package w/repeater by Friday.

Oldchinahand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 07:29 AM   #26
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldchinahand View Post
Thanks Rick! Coffee cup, coaster, tablecloth - finally an analogy this knuckle dragging old flange head can understand! Here I was getting all wrapped around the axle thinking in terms of feedback from mic too close to the speakers!

Jokes aside, I get a lot of actionable advice and information from this forum. Hard for many to believe, but we've logged over 25K in our "new to us" Journey, with nary a thought to TPMS. And we belong to that sub-set who prefer the by-ways to the high-ways! Then, last month we were trapped in a freak snowstorm for several days in a campground near Alpine AZ. And nearly everyone of our fellow "trappies" had a blow out story to tell. SWMBO squint-eyed me, I tugged my forelock, and the rest is history.

Contacted EEZRV a couple of hours ago. Expecting a ten sensor package w/repeater by Friday.

Great reply, Terry. lol A good followup for you. Mic is in different sound system, wireless from another building.
Before the TPMS days. on our last coach, we lost a front tire. About $17K in damage. I think we and the insurance company got ripped off, but that was the bill. There was a lot of damage.
In an RV? Seas and sails are not a good choice! Happy trails. Keep the black side down and the white side up.
Rick

Tags
ems, tire pressure