Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2007, 04:00 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

This may have been covered.

Can anyone tell me the advantages of Dorian vs Advantage tire monitoring systems.

Why do you prefer one over the other?

Thanks
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 04:00 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

This may have been covered.

Can anyone tell me the advantages of Dorian vs Advantage tire monitoring systems.

Why do you prefer one over the other?

Thanks
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:07 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Those that have the Dorian system really like it as it provides a lot of data.
I've had the Tire Sentry system for over four years and really like it. The batteries are only active when tire pressure is reduced to the preset warning point, therefore they have a long life. They are small in diameter and have less chance for interference on the wheel. Also, you don't have to move the rig to activate the sensors. I've had the same system on two rigs and moved them from on to the other without any problem. The manufacturer is ten miles from me so that's really handy. I've toured their facility and met with the owner, real nice folks. Provided me with new seals at no cost even after I offered to pay for them, the sensors have seen many trouble free miles.
I think any system you choose will give you peace of mind.
Personally, I'm only interested in low pressure indication, others want more complete data for monitoring.
Best regards...
Old 09-20-2007, 11:38 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

The Doran and Advantage Pressure Pro are in fact the same unit. I think it's Advantage that manufactures them and Doran sells a re-badged copy (or else the other way around). I think you'll find they're the same price anywhere you look.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:38 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Jimmy - We've have had the Doran practically since the coach was new and generally like it. Unfortunately I have had TWO tires on the coach lose air two different times due to a bad gasket in the sensor. In fact, I was almost about to make an appointment at a tire dealer to have the slow leak investigated when I thought I better take the sensor off just to be sure it wasn't the problem.

Sure enough, it WAS the problem.

I bought new sensors but one of these days I'll see if I can't get Doran to fix these and put in a new battery.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 12:55 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Don't you hate it when the solution turns out to be the problem !!
j griff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:50 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I bought new sensors but one of these days I'll see if I can't get Doran to fix these and put in a new battery. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

John, I had problems as well with the sensors and Pressure Pro asked me to send them the sensors so they could fit them with a new type seal (proto type at the time) and I have had no problems since. They also extend out futher pushing the the dill valve in more, which was a problem with valve extenders on the duals at times. I am a happy camper now. They are good people to work with. I had this done last May.
Harry B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 04:21 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Harry - thanks for that info. I'll send them back so I can have a couple of spares!

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 04:23 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

John,

I recently had to purchase a couple of new sensors and when I did I asked about getting some replacement seals. The person I talked to told me that he would supply me with a few but I would have to sign a release saying that if I damaged the sensor it would not be warrantied. Since the ones with the bad seals were off warranty anyway I figured no big deal. Well they sent me the replacement seals. I popped the old ones out with a dental pick and pushed the new ones in and they work fine. Not a bad job and a lot cheaper than a new sensor when the only problem is the seal.

Paul

2004 Adventurer 38R
PaulC is offline   Reply With Quote