Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-01-2018, 11:08 AM   #1
2016 Suncruiser 37F

Taking Tire Pressure

Am I the only one that has trouble taking the tire pressure on our new 2018 Vista, with Good Year Tires. The front are easy, the inside of the rear dualies are ok, but the two rear outside are a "bear". The extensions put on from the factory are so bendable, that you need 3 hands, one to hold the stem and 2 push on the gauge. Even the professional at the tire store had a hard time. By the time you can get the gauge to go on properly, 10 lbs of air has escaped. Is there an easier way?
TBWard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:27 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

You really need a good TPMS system. (Tire Pressure Monitor System)
It is not enough to just check the tire pressure each morning before traveling. You can pick up a nail or screw in the first few miles and slowly loose air pressure until the tire blows an hour or three down the road.

Especially important since it is difficult to measure the pressure.
al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:09 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I had the same problem. I was checking things out on my new 2018 Minnie 26A and found it impossible to get a accurate reading. I put pressure monitors on the rear tires, and it is great. I have used them on my past trailers, and they are a life saver. You can however buy valve stem extenders that will make a 180 degree turn and bring the valve stem around so that it is a straight shot.
Snakebite is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tire pressure