Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-18-2022, 04:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Suspension System 2014 Suncruiser 37F?

I have yet to personally crawl under my newly acquired 2014 Itasca Suncruiser 37F to check the suspension system, but after driving it from Draper, UT to Prescott Valley, AZ I found no swaying in the steering (even being passed by semis) and the ride ( minus the rough roads of I40 out of Kingman going East) was rather smooth.

The coach has 57,000 miles on it. When, if, should I start being concerned regarding the suspension? Would rather get ahead of any issues instead of the issues getting ahead of me.

I was a TT (x3) and 5'er (x2) before this coach. Thanks in advance.
fyreplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 10:56 PM   #2
Proud “No Intent” Owner

I wouldn’t, “rock the boat“, unless you’re feeling you need to do it because of the drivability. If it works for you it’s fine there’s nothing to get ahead of, you can always add upgrades later if it becomes an issue.
Old 12-19-2022, 06:52 AM   #3
Site Team

As one 37F owner to another, from what you report I’d guess a previous owner has made suspension modifications to your Suncruiser. I doubt if it was stock that you’d find the handling acceptable.
Old 12-19-2022, 07:00 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I have a 2012 37F with 47,000 miles on it and no issues. Bought it used with 32,000 mIles on it. No idea about suspension upgrades but the rear shocks look newer. My advise would be that milage would be my only concern, if I were you. If it performs well now, shock age/wear would probably be the first thing to change that.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 07:14 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Well, I finally took a look underneath the coach. And yes, the suspension has been modified. The rear has Koni Gold shocks, a Roadmaster rear anti-sway bar, and a SuperSteer rear trac bar. The front has a Roadmaster Reflex steering stabilizer.

Huge score for me on a used motorhome. And by the looks and date stamp, it was all done in the last 2 years. Still need to do more investigation. I looked between snow and rain showers. Plus it's been in the low 40s.

And I need to order some Snap Pads.
fyreplug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 07:40 AM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyreplug View Post
The rear has Koni Gold shocks, a Roadmaster rear anti-sway bar, and a SuperSteer rear trac bar. The front has a Roadmaster Reflex steering stabilizer.
I believe the gold Koni shocks are Koni FSD shocks. I put Koni FSDs on my Adventurer and they are gold color.

I think the Konis are good shocks and many people on forums swear by them. Personally, I didn’t notice much difference between them and the OEM Bilstein shocks. Perhaps slightly softer riding. Again, nothing at all wrong with them, but I had hoped for a miracle transformation when I installed them and that didn’t materialize.

Tags
suspension, suncruiser