Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2007, 04:07 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Has anyone put this on there unit and if so is it worth the money and my time to do this?
I have a 2000 Winne Adventurer 35U on a ford.

Thanks for your help

Mark And Joanne
Old 02-11-2007, 04:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Has anyone put this on there unit and if so is it worth the money and my time to do this?
I have a 2000 Winne Adventurer 35U on a ford.

Thanks for your help

Mark And Joanne
Old 02-11-2007, 04:22 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Mark:

I put one on my '97 Adventurer with P-30 chassis and it improved the tracking and made the steering feel more secure. That said, the chassis had 90,000 miles...I had replaced the shocks and steering stabilizer. It probably needed new bell cranks but I traded it before getting those.

For the money it did what it was advertised to do. If I was going to get another similar device, I would get the Blue Ox Tru Center. It does a great job and allows you to adjust the center of steering on the fly.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 01:35 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

I had one on my P-32 chassis and now on my W-20 chassis. I have also tried other brands of steering dampeners. I like the Steer Safe.
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2007, 06:36 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I have had a Steer Safe on my MH since right after purchase in 2004. I feel it is a worthwhile addition to the handling of my Winnie.

2004 Winnebago Adventurer 37B,W22,Bilstein Shocks,Steer Safe Stabilizer,Surge Guard,Remco Tow Bar,Chevy Tracker Toad,BrakePro,FMCA F354676,UltraPower Upgrade,
RonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 05:23 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Its amazing that all these chassis manufacturers know what their product will be used for but still it takes all these hundreds of dollars by the customer to make it do what it was supposed to do. When we pay over $60-70M (and up) for these coaches, you'd think another few hundred by the manufacturer wouldn't be that big a deal, especially since its cheaper for them to do it the first time than us to remove their problem and install the correct one.
Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 06:37 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I think it's all controlled by the people in marketing. Putting a steer safe on the rvs at the factory would mean either less profit for the manufacturer or more cost for the consumer. Neither option is a good one from a sales perspective. If all the manufacturers put them on their rvs it would work as a level playing field. Notice that all rvs have basically the same things on them, just the quality and size of those things change as you go up in price- such as better furniture, better engines, bigger and better contruction and materials. If there was enough demand for the steer safe type options they would be putting them on, but for a lot of people the rv is good enough without it so it's not standard equipment like a bed, bath, tv, and so on is! We buy rvs without steer safes, but we wouldn't buy them without beds and baths and etc.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote