Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-06-2020, 05:24 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question Snap Pads falling off

We Purchased a 2020 Navion 24D with the factory installed Equalizer Leveling System . It was recommended that we purchase the snap pads for the system which we did but we are having trouble keeping our rear one's on....whenever we go over a speed bump or make a sharp turn, the rear ones come off. Has anyone else experienced the same problem? I have confirmed that I have the right pads for our system.
VascodaGama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:52 AM   #2
Site Team

It sure sounds like they are a bad fit. Mine have never fallen off. On the other hand, the front pads have a notch where the front wheels have bitten into them when I turn sharply. Even that didn’t cause them to fall off.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 07:14 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

My 8" Snap Pads have never fallen off either over 2-3 years now. And one of them was severely bent when the blacktop developed a sink hole under the jack just over a year ago. I thought it was ruined and Snap Pad sent me a new one free of charge but so far, haven't needed it.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 10:03 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Smile Thanks for the response

Quote:
Originally Posted by macnut View Post
It sure sounds like they are a bad fit. Mine have never fallen off. On the other hand, the front pads have a notch where the front wheels have bitten into them when I turn sharply. Even that didn’t cause them to fall off.
Maybe the original ones that I ordered from e trailer were defective, I remember they came in a box loose with no instructions. I have ordered a new set, hoping that they will be a better fit.

Thank you so much for your response ...maybe there is hope that I won't need to chase the next ones down the street.
Old 09-11-2020, 10:05 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post
My 8" Snap Pads have never fallen off either over 2-3 years now. And one of them was severely bent when the blacktop developed a sink hole under the jack just over a year ago. I thought it was ruined and Snap Pad sent me a new one free of charge but so far, haven't needed it.
Thanks for your response. I may have hope that the next set I just ordered will stay put.
Old 09-13-2020, 07:15 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

VascodaGama, Did you lub them good with soapy water? You should hear a good pop when they go on and seat. Looking at the drawing for your coach, looks like the pads are 7" square.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 09:54 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
VascodaGama, Did you lub them good with soapy water? You should hear a good pop when they go on and seat. Looking at the drawing for your coach, looks like the pads are 7" square.
Yes I did and they did pop. I have received my new ones today and they seem much more robust, I think my others were defective. Thanks for reaching out!!!
Old 09-15-2020, 04:46 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Do they rub against any part of the undercarriage when you retract them? One of our front pads did and it popped one off partially (luckily) so I used a fine tooth coping saw and cut a small notch where it touched the frame. It never came off again. You just need to crawl under when jacks are fully up and check for frame touching.
SKP, WIT, FMCA, FCOC, GoodSam, Cummins Power Club
lajuene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 09:04 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

The only problem I had was two of the pads started to slightly crumble around the lip. I did Lube them prior to install. Concerned they would eventually fall off, I contacted the company and they replaced them at no cost. Have not had the problem since. Good customer service!
Rear Trac Bar, Safe-T-Plus, and 480 watt solar system.
Rossi6998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 12:35 PM   #10
Winnebago Watcher

snap pads installation

we have 2018 Visa and will be installing snap pads .. The directions "not required" but "recommended" double protecting the jacks by covering the landing feet with Flex Seal . Has any one applied the Flex Seal or installed snap pads without using a protectorant
GerryS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 01:32 PM   #11
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GerryS View Post
we have 2018 Visa and will be installing snap pads .. The directions "not required" but "recommended" double protecting the jacks by covering the landing feet with Flex Seal . Has any one applied the Flex Seal or installed snap pads without using a protectorant
Yes, I did. Not sure if it’s really necessary IF your jack pads are newer, and not too scratched up in the bottom, as mine were powder coated. The Flex seal is just there so that they don’t trap water and rust under the pad.

I used pipe insulation to wrap the shaft to protect it while spraying them with the Flex Seal. Easier than their idea of wrapping in paper...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D61CB6DE-C909-4143-ADD9-AF2FD336744F.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	260.2 KB
ID:	177839   Click image for larger version

Name:	2C175C3C-5EFE-46CD-9658-F96AFAB20596.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	277.5 KB
ID:	177840