I also have a Sightseer 35N with Workhorse chassis . At about 38,000 miles I replaced the OEM Monroe shocks with Koni FSD shocks. If I had it to do over I would not get Konis. The ride is much rougher and roads that were tolerable before require slowing way down.
The Monroe shocks had one thing I didn't like - on certain dips, a large downward excursion that while disconcerting was not dangerous - but the ride was great.
Although my Sightseer is a 2004 model year that I bought new in January of 2004 the chassis is a 2003 (that is common).
Please note that the 2003 chassis (W20 and W22) had a 2 inch front stabilizer shaft. Often called an anti sway bar. In September of 2003 WH changed to a 2.5 inch bar.
If your chassis has the 2 inch bar I would strongly recommend that you have the 2.5 inch bar installed. I did and it made a huge improvement in roll or side to side sway.
This is from an email I got from WH in 2005:
"The part number for the Front Stabilizer Bar with Brackets is: W0005643.
This bar was found to have an advantage over the original 2" bar, and was
put into regular production on 9/2/2003.
The installation is very straightforward. Remove 4 retaining nuts while
supporting bar, remove bar, hold new bar in position, reinstall 4 retaining
nuts, and torque to specification. This procedure is NOT meant to replace
the service manual, but is a generalized procedure.
The upgraded stabilizer bar has been shown to provide the following
1. Reduced Body Roll when cornering.
2. Reduced "rocking" when passed by or passing large vehicles.
3. Reduced "rocking" when traversing bumps on an angle."
The installation procedure is below- I did not raise the coach, just crawled under it:
Stabilizer Shaft Replacement (Front) (W20/W22)
1. Raise the vehicle on a hoist
2. Remove the nuts and washers from the stabilizer shaft clamp and the right front leaf spring.
3. Remove the nuts and washers from the stabilizer shaft clamp and the left front leaf spring, and remove the stabilizer shaft from the vehicle.
4. Remove the clamps from the stabilizer shaft.
5. Remove the insulators from the stabilizer shaft.
1. Install the insulators to the stabilizer shaft.
2. Install the clamps to the stabilizer shaft.
Clay WA5NMR - Ex Snowbird - 1 year, Ex Full timer for 11 years - 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N Workhorse chassis. Honda Accord toad.