Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2009, 05:36 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

ride stabilizers

I believe it was on this forum, someone mentioned installing a valve in the air lines between the air bags that limits the amount of sway and "kneeling" when applying the brakes. Does anyone know the name of the product or the manufacturer. I can't remember the name I didn't find anything when I did search.

Thanks for your help in advance.
Old 05-29-2009, 05:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I have posted the web site below for you. I believe this is what you are lookibng for?

Bob O

http://supersteersuperstop.com/uncat...ontrol-unit-2/
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:10 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

That's it.

Thanks Bob
Old 05-30-2009, 04:34 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Moldmkr what size did you need for the fornt and the rears?We have a 07 Meridian.If you have them installed do they make a big difference? Thanks
DaveyD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:58 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

DaveyD1,

I have not installed them yet. I am just in the research stages, but I have heard that they stabilize the sway and kneeling considerably. I am not sure what sizes I need yet. I will keep you posted on my progress. If you learn anything please post here and let me know what you find out.

Hans
Old 05-30-2009, 05:29 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

In addition to the link mentioned above, go to http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=10505 to see one of mine installed on the rear.

If you do this:
1. it is two trips under the coach. Trip one is to determine the size of your air lines. Trip two is to install the devices.

2. When installing the units take lots of rags and a good grease cutting cleaner (that is okay for rubber). Clean the air lines really well, before cutting them.

3. When installing the devices, take a sharp straight edge (to cut the air line. Depending on the lines' flexibility you may need to cut a section of the line out before installing the devices.

This is one of the few products that works better than advertised.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:11 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the info and pic's Gary I will be getting some very soon
DaveyD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 07:46 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

I bought a set of 4 to install on my '02 Horizon, so I decided to 'get it done' yesterday. Raised the coach up high, blocked and chocked for safety, and got under there on a creeper. I started at the right rear, and although access is a stretch, and was able to pull the split protective cover off and I am sure I can install that valve.

But before cutting the air-line, I decided to check the other side. That turns out to be a different story. The air line is buried in the middle of a pack of other cables and lines that are clamped to the chassis rail, every few feet. I can only expose about 3 or 4 inches of air-line, right at the air-bag. I do not feel comfortable that if I cut it, that I will have room to iinstall the valve. The access to pull that group of cables and lines out of the clamps is not possible for me, while laying under the motorhome.

That is what stopped the project for me. I didn't check the front access, as I wouldn't be able to complete the project anyway. So I'm at a loss, for now, as to what to do. Find a chassis shop to do it, or forget the valves and leave things alone. For now, I'm just leaving things alone.

If you decide to go ahead with your installation, best to make sure you can get to all the air-lines before cutting any of them. Let us know if you fare better than I did.
Indian River, De
CaptBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 05:28 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I had the four valves installed at The Big Rally in Albuquerque by Hendersons'. It took them about 40 minutes to install and test for leaks. Those guys are pros.
I only wish I had those installed early-on. I drove from NM to Florida and back to CA. I have no complaints and it reduces the lean on curves helps with the pot-holes. Entering and leaving driveways is more pleasant now. I was saisfied with the Freightliner but now i'm "happy."