Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-17-2020, 07:59 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Recall FL-816 NHTSA #20V-529 FCCC Valve Stem Stabilizers

I wanted to provide some insight to this recall by Freightliner. It was in process for sometime and it was officially release October 30th this year. My experience with this problem since I bought my used 2018 Winnebago Froza 38W this year in May. Very thorough PDI had several issues resolved except one item. Didn't check the tires. Got home decided to check the entire MH once again and this time checked the tire found one inside rear down to 30 PSI. Not good so filled it up checked it a week later when I was heading back down for dealer to finish a repair with the parts in now. Found tire pressure low again and stabilizers off the rim once again. To make a long story short twice they had the local truck tire company repair the extensions and stabilizers, Finally mid-October the dealer replaced the extensions and stabilizers on both inside tires of rear duallies. Sorry setting the stage. So we went on a 2000 mile roundtrip vacation. Checked tires every time we left for the next stage of the trip even had TPMS on them but did have constant communication issues with the RVi Hub, still working that out. Anyway the day before leaving our final stopover in Eastpoint, Fl. to home in Port Charlotte, Fl. checked everything. 10 miles from Campground showed inside Drivers rear tire at 37PSI. Pulled over checked took off TPMS checked pressure found it right where I set it. Figured it was a intermittent sensor. Got home and was going to install a different set up than the FL rubber stabilizers and extensions tired of waiting for FL to come out with a solution. Called FL with a question on how to remove the center hub only to be told that FL just released the recall with a solution so figured I'd wait and have it done by them since it would be free and should work now. Went out anyway checked the tire pressures on all my tires and found the inside drivers side dually stabilizer off the rim again and the tire pressure at 10PSI. Not happy checked the passenger inside tire pressure, READY FOR THIS, Gone !!! yup gone including the extension, Tire flat I could not see an inside schrader valve in the tire stem valve that was left. Called FL back they said they will fix everything though they haven't mentioned if they'll replace my TPMS for that tire yet. They're working with me an a local FL Mobile tech to come up and fix in place the tire since I do not want to drive it with a flat. No idea when it went flat since my RVi communication hub went off line about an hour or so in my 7 hr trip home. I consider that we were very lucky since this s what the recall is about to avoid a disaster like this from happening. I have no clue why with not one but two tires basically flat things didn't get worse especially on the highway. The reason for this long story is to warn others to be careful and even then hoping luck is on your side. I've attached a letter on the recall, I'd suggest anyone that you read it to see if you are one on the recall or call FL support and provide them your last 6 digits of your VIN they will tell you if it is. Don't wait for the letter to arrived I did not receive mine yet though I found the recall info that I've attached. Of course next call is to RVi to find out why the hub keeps failing, similar issues that my buddy is having as well. Let us know how you make out and be safe. Please let me know if you don't see the letter that I've attached Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200710_142752.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	339.8 KB
ID:	175839   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200712_093103.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	149.6 KB
ID:	175840  

Name:	TPMS 2.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	29.1 KB
ID:	175841   Click image for larger version

Name:	Inside Flat Passenger side rear tire II .jpg
Views:	74
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	175843  

Name:	Inside Flat Passenger side Rear tire Schrader valve missing II.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	175844  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf RMISC-20V529-4175 Recall FL-861.pdf (482.9 KB, 30 views)
1237dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
recall