Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-29-2022, 06:39 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Rear Ride height on P32 Chassis

So I bought an older Winnebago, a 2000 Brave SE 26 which sits on the P32 Workhorse chassis.

Seems like the rear ride height seems to be a little low.

Of course it varies with how much water I have (tank all the way in the back) and possibly how much fuel, as I think the fuel tank is back there too.

Putting a trailer on it even with a low tongue weight of course makes it worse.

The 26 foot is the shortest one they make and has a few differences from some of the other Brave SE models of the same year, including a smaller gas tank.

The brochure says that GVWR is either 12300 (standard) or 14800 (optional).

It comes equipped with FRONT air bag helpers, that you would have to crawl under the vehicle to check air pressure on each side.

I thought that might indicate the higher optional GVWR, but the data plate by the driver says 12300.

Anyway, I am trying to figuire out what the correct way to measure ride height front and rear. Is there a standard way, like right now, I have no water in it, but a full tank of fuel. Where would you measure from and to? Anyone have a similiar model on the P32 chassis that i could compare to?

If I determine its sagging in the rear, what are my options. Looks like airlift has a kit, but its only for chassis over 14500 GVWR. Is my only options to replace the rear leaf springs?
Tigerman67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2022, 09:56 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

This website has a large un-sorted library of manuals and OEM chassis stuff, hope you find something useful: Ads, Documentation, Brochures/Schematics - Forum
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis