Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-28-2021, 09:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Proper cold tire inflation for Toyo 225 70R 19.5

Ok, all you experienced, knowledgeable tire people.
I need some help and education on arriving at the right cold inflation psi pressure for my brand new toyo 225 70 R19.5 on my 2011 Winnebago vista 30w.
I also installed a tireminder i10 that seems to be working well. Just got back from a short 1 hr trip today and the TPMS alarm sounded on the right rear dual tire at 120psi. Temperature on this tire was l lower than the other rear duels by about 7 or 8 degrees and all of the tires were between 70- 80° farenheit...odd huh?
I set the cold psi on the rear duals by the manufacturer sticker by the driver seat on the Winnebago(100psi) and the cold psi on the front steering tires at 95 psi cold...
Looking at the inflation charts from Toyo however,which is based on weight,I am wondering if I am overinflated on both front steer wheels and the real duals.
The Vista weighs 5,940 totalon the front axle and 10,840 total on the rear axle. Unfortunately, I dont have a local scale that can weigh each wheel...
I attached the Toyo inflation chart and need help figuring it out on what the proper cold pressure psi should be for my weight?? and tire size.....
Any help would be appreciated as I am taking this Winnie on a 2000 mile trip soon and want to have the tire pressure dialed in right.
Thanks...Scout
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210428_200047.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	647.9 KB
ID:	178586  
Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 04:37 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I would set the tire pressure to the values on the sticker with a good hand gauge. Then watch the tire monitor and set high and low values broad enough so it doesn't alarm.

The senders on those tire monitors aren't very accurate, but they don't need to be to indicate a problem.

Mine were set at 65 psi that way and the indicators show 66 to 71. The tire temps are all over the place as well.

David

David
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote