Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-07-2018, 08:24 AM   #1
Veteran & RV Owner

Lippert - "Low Voltage" Error Message

While attempting to retract the jacks yesterday to leave a resort to go home, I got the "Low Voltage" error message. I had already cranked the engine and the parking brake was set. I tried a reset on the Lippert Control Panel and that didn't work. The fluid reservoir was half filled. I had already disconnected the shore power.

I reconnected the shore power and "Walla"....the jacks came up! So, not sure why the voltage dropped too low while on batteries and engine/alternator. Could be indicative of a problem with the charging system not putting out enough voltage. I was just happy to get the jacks up and go home!
armullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 08:53 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

So a loose or failing connection to the battery from the jack pump will cause a voltage drop and heat will be a byproduct. The connections normally look darkened from the heat of this condition. When you plugged in the converter it runs at a much higher voltage thus the drop might not be as bad.

Just one thought but batteries and all connections should be load tested and reviewed.
Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lippert