Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-02-2021, 12:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Lifting a Micro Mini 2106FBS

I am sorry, I have done a few searches and can't seem to find exactly what I am looking for. I have a 2019 Micro Mini 2106FBS. It was delivered with the 14" wheel and tire set up. With my set up, I would like to have it up in the 15" setting and replace the tires and wheels to 15" and 225/75R15.

I contacted Winnebago for the directions on how to do this. Seems pretty straight forward. Everything is there except some support angle brackets and the hardware to attach them. I asked for, and received the part numbers for the hardware. That's where things seem to be going off the rails.

I seem to be a caught in the "vendor" and "manufacturer" circle of doom. They're Norco (vendor) Part numbers. I have called a couple of Mini dealers. It's almost like I am asking for "unobtanium."

Has anybody done this change? Have any recommendations to securing these parts? Or should I just go to e-trailer and buy a proper lift kit?
Captain_RV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 08:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Seems that etrailer lift kits are the only choice, reading over on the forest river forums there are quite a few rpod owners who also use etrailer kits to lift.

We have a winnie drop 1780 that is even lower and has trouble negotiating even the slightest incline or worse BC ferry ramp. I didn't change over to 15 but did change to load range d 14 and am ordering the correct lift kit for our winnie drop.

We cannot change to 225 profile because the tires would be to close to the shell of the trailer but had to use 205 75 r 14s or 205 75 r 15s.

We chose to stay with 14 because the cost of getting new rims was a consideration. Your situation could be different with two axles and the need for a lift kit to clear the extra height of switching to 15s.

The lift kit we are getting adds 3.5 inches so there is no need for 15 inch tires unless we needed more axle clearance which is the least of the issues. Our back stabiliser jacks have been scraped a few times on back roads by the last owner of the trailer and we bought knowing that we would have to lift the trailer in the future if we want to take it on BC ferries to the gulf islands during low tide!
reeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 10:03 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

This tire size calculator may help out with upsizing. It has a side by side visual as well.
https://tiresize.com/comparison/