Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-11-2021, 09:42 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Leveling warning lightsq

Hello,

I recently bought a Winnebago Vista 29VE. Levelers seemed to be working fine. Then I got a warning while driving that freaked me out. I found out that it meant that my ATF was low. So I filled it. But now the system will not AUTO level. I can manually level it but the AUTO is not working. I used tip sheet #12003 to reset the zero calibration. All went fine but it did not fix my AUTO leveling problem.

Has anyone else had this issue? It begins the leveling process and then the left light/right light and the center power level light comes on and the AUTO process aborts.

Any ideas how to fix this?
Dsteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 09:59 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Are you running the engine when leveling? If there is a power warning light, it indicates low power.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2021, 11:46 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

DSteele, other than the right/left/power LED lights that you mentioned, are there any messages on the LCD display? As an experiment, did you try parking in a very level spot and then attempt to auto level? Auto level might not work if you are too far off level to begin with. Also, watch your jacks while it is auto levelling to see if they are all extending in the correct sequence per the owner's manual. If your fluid level was too low, you might just need to exercise your jacks in manual mode a few times to purge any air out of the system. If you do this and there is foam in your fluid tank, it means there was air in the system. Best to let the foam dissipate before exercising your jacks again.

All that being said, we generally use manual leveling most of the time since it seems to be faster and we can get it level without extending the jacks so far. Auto level keeps sending the jacks higher and higher until it is level
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling, light, lights