Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2018, 12:24 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Getting Ahold Of Winnebago

Hopefully someone might know a way of getting ahold of Winnebago engineers or ? To get some help/answers ?

I have a 2011 Aspect 28B built on a 2010 Ford E 450 chassis.
I'm the 3rd owner , I bought it with 12,800 on the OD.
On the test drive I noticed a little drone noise, but thought it was the BFG Commercial tires.

The tires had been replaced 3 months before and 2k miles on them due to the Michelin Tire recall.
I had the Tire shop swap out the BFG's for new Michelin's.
Noise still there.
Had them recheck and Road Force balance them , Noise still there.

While replacing the front stock undersized ASB I noticed the rear of the trans was wet.
Since a extended warranty came on the MH when I bought it , I took it into the local Ford Fleet service dept that works on MH's.
Explained the leak and drone noise I was getting.

They road tested and heard the drone noise .Then put it on a lift and verified the leak, they replaced the rear trans tail shaft seal.
Said once they aired up the rear airbags the noise went away.

I asked so what's the fix IF it didn't have the air bags, they said rear leaf springs.
So they replaced the rear leaf springs, said it was fixed.
I went down took it out for a road test , drone noise still there and now noticed a slight vibration coming from the rear of the MH. The vibration was probably there to begin with just now I'm more tuned into the problem.

Now they said the drive line (3 piece) needs to be shimmed , the angles are not right so they shimmed the rear of the trans, both center carrier bearings supports. Vibration and drone noise still there.
They then shim the rear diff.
Noise / vibration still there.

Now they don't know what to do , I tell them to pull the drive-line out and send it to a drive-line place to have it checked out.
I called the drive-line place and talked with them. Told them what was going on.

Once they got the drive-line, they said the center carrier bearing/ supports were "sagging" so they replaced both , checked the balance and the rear drive-line section was off so they balanced it then the whole set-up as one.
Good to go, the Ford place picks it and re-installs it.

I go down and take it out for a test drive, it is now worse than the day I first brought it in.

I get up to 53 mph the drone noise starts , then 55 mph the vibration starts, at 60-63 mph is when its the worst. Once past 70 mph its gone.
I can take it up to 75 mph , let off the gas pedal , put it in neutral and shut the engine off. Once it slows down to 69 mph the vibration/noise starts and worse at 63-60 mph then gone below 53 mph.

The Ford place doesn't know what to do and basically just been shotgunned parts at it.

I've tried to call a couple numbers at Winnebago with no help.
The local/closest Winnebago dealer service dept has such bad reviews/reputation I'm leery of taking it there.

Would appreciate any help , suggestions on the matter.
OFDPOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 05:33 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Have you contacted the Ford Motorhome assistance customer service hotline? 800-444-3311. Maybe they can shed some light on the matter. In the past they worked on mine directly with Ford engineers when I ran into a problem
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 02:44 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Americanrascal

Thank you for the #

I contacted them , they opened up a file and gave me a case #
They will have a tech contact me tomorrow and the Ford dealer where the MH is at...

I hope they can get this fixed, I'll post up as it moves along...
Old 01-09-2018, 06:44 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Good luck- anxious to hear!
Joe
Old 01-10-2018, 11:59 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Received a phone call from tech support, he said they would elevate it up the chain and get in touch with the Ford dealer where the MH is at.
The guy said it could take up to 3 business days for them to be in contact with the dealer, so hopefully will hear back by no later then Monday...
Old 01-10-2018, 12:29 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by OFDPOS View Post
Received a phone call from tech support, he said they would elevate it up the chain and get in touch with the Ford dealer where the MH is at.
The guy said it could take up to 3 business days for them to be in contact with the dealer, so hopefully will hear back by no later then Monday...
Keeping fingers crossed for you in hopes of a solution!
Joe
Old 01-12-2018, 02:34 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Well just got a follow up call from ford,,, since this is a 2010 chassis they won't help on it.
Old 01-13-2018, 07:54 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Thats a bummer!

Tags
winnebago