Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-31-2018, 06:10 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Fuel pump problems

Hello all, I've just signed up and am really hoping to find some help here. I have a 2004 Itasca Sunrise 30w. I believe my fuel pump is about to quit on me. I start the rig every week and let it idle until it reaches normal operating temperature A couple of weeks ago the engine would only accelerate to about 2900-3000 rpms. Now the engine will start but only run for a few seconds before stalling out. It really sounds like the motor is starving for fuel. I have replaced the fuel filter and no improvement. Does this sound familiar to anyone? And where can I find the proper part numbers so I can order parts and install them myself? I'm thinking fuel pump, throttle body/positioner and maybe the ECM..Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Itasca Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2018, 07:57 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Ford or Workhorse chassis? Ford, Ford dealer that works on trucks. Workhorse, Ultra RV Products.

Any check engine light? OBDII scanner may help. Torque Pro app for Android and a blue tooth adapter will let you see a lot engine sensors.
Old 02-10-2018, 05:00 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

You have a Ford V-10. A dozen other components can cause the same symptoms. First stop should be Harbor Frieght or Amazon for a fuel pressure gauge,voltmeter and OBll scanner. What is the mileage and when was it’s last major service? Cleaning the IAC valve and MAP sensor is always a good place to start. Faulty throttle
position sensor is another known cause.
RickNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 04:02 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickNC View Post
You have a Ford V-10.
Maybe, maybe not.
My 2004 Itasca Sunrise 30W is on the Workhorse chassis, not the Ford.

Tags
ems, fuel, problems