Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2015, 05:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

emergency brake

having trouble with the slideouts operating. i have to really push down on the emergency brake to get them to work. is there an adjustment that i can do? this is on a 2005 itaska suncruiser 37b
ronmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 05:37 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Here's a link to some previous threads that may assist.
https://www.google.com/search?q=Emer...com&gws_rd=ssl

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Clifftall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

It's not the actual parking brake that determines whether the jacks and slides can be deployed. It's the switch on the parking brake assembly that illuminates the parking brake light on the dash. The hydraulic system needs a signal that the brake is engaged and gets it when the dash light is illuminated.

The switch is adjustable. Since you have a Suncruiser you can access it easiest by opening the drivers door. If you're short like me (I'm 5' 9") you might need a small stool.
Old 06-10-2015, 09:11 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

thanks hikerdogs, that is the information I was looking for. any description for what this adjustment looks like? is it attached to the parking pedel arm?
Old 06-11-2015, 06:54 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

My switch has some sticktion (It sticks open)

Press pedal..Then pull the release,, then press again.

You need only go to the first click or the ratchet (the point where the pedal stays down) to activate teh switch.. IF ignition is still on there is a dash indicator that should light at the same time.
Old 06-11-2015, 09:43 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Here's the best I can do. It's an image of the parking brake actuator assembly from my 2013 Ford service manual.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Parking Brake.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	96920

The switch is just above the top bolt. Unfortunately the whole pedal/release assembly is mounted in the bracket in a way that makes it extremely difficult to get at the switch.

Here are a couple links to older parking brake assemblies. They have a better image of the switch itself, although the location is a bit different.

Here's a link to a brake pedal assembly for sale on e bay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-F250-F350-Super-Duty-Parking-Emergency-Brake-Pedal-Hood-Release-Assembly-/251569838435?hash=item3a92bb1963&vxp=mtr

Here's another one showing the same switch:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-Genuine-Ford-1993-1996-F150-F250-Bronco-Parking-Brake-Pedal-Assembly-/201348677006?hash=item2ee150fd8e&vxp=mtr

If you look closely you'll see the switch that activates the dash light (and sends the signal to the hydraulic system) is the white plastic thing in the upper left corner of the photo. You should be able to make some adjustment on the switch. If it's broken I believe you can buy the switch only (you could in years past) from a Ford dealer.
Old 06-11-2015, 05:50 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

thanks to all who contributed replies to my post. the problem was indeed a sticky switch as suggested by WA8YXM. glad i did'nt have to get my head under the dash to make an adjustment because my neck is fused at c-4,5,6 and won't bend very much. thanks again to all. Ronmos

Tags
brake