Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2006, 04:11 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Has anyone heard of or used something I believe is called "crossfire" for the rear duals? A few members of our WIT club have them and seem to like the thing. It is attached to both tires with the proper pressure reading, then if tires lose pressure the gauge indicates by changing color. Supposed to let you fill both tires to proper inflation at the same time. Just wondering if anyone knows of this and what you think. Thanks.

'01 Journey DL 36GD CAT330
Squirrely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:11 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Has anyone heard of or used something I believe is called "crossfire" for the rear duals? A few members of our WIT club have them and seem to like the thing. It is attached to both tires with the proper pressure reading, then if tires lose pressure the gauge indicates by changing color. Supposed to let you fill both tires to proper inflation at the same time. Just wondering if anyone knows of this and what you think. Thanks.

Old 05-01-2006, 05:07 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I use the crossfires on my rear duals...I have the ones for 100 lbs of pressure....they will indicate if the duals are low or if they are high as far as pressure by different colors....you only have to look at them to see if the proper level is in each tire....look at www.dualdynamics.com for info on them...

Malibu Toad
Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thank you for the web site Okie. Don passed away in November and I decided to keep up with the motorhome, as was his desire for me. So, I am "relearning" so much that he took care of. This site was always his daily read and I learned alot from him from here. And, I will continue to be learning from all of you....so thanks again. I will be putting on the cross fires in June at our PA State WIT Rally hopefully. Had a flat at the campground in April and don't want that to happen again without knowing it - of course it was the inner tire on the duals - Murphy's law, of course. It was the valve stem but replaced the tire anyhow due to wear noticed. Thanks for great info. and I will keep on learning.
Lorraine

Old 05-02-2006, 02:29 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Squirrely, I may be mistaken, but if the crossfires let you fill both rear tires at the same time, then it will also let air out of both tires at the same time.... -You said you had a flat, an inside dual, back in April. If you had crossfires, you would have had two flats and the coach couldn't limp off the highway...
At any rate, that's my 2 cents.
Thanks for "coming back" to the Forum.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:06 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

They wouldn't sell many if both tires were in jeopardy of going flat.

From the Crossfire pamphlet:

Blowouts and Leaks

Crossfire employs a safety feature that automatically isolates the "good" tire in the event of a blowout.
When a blowout occurs, the internal safety valve closes immediately with only a slight loss of pressure in the "good" tire.
In slow leak situations, the valve isolates both tires after a pressure drop of approximately 10 PSI.

With this device you can visually check your duals. They can be used on single tires also.

Hi 'Rain!
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 04:54 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Thanks Frank!
Now I know they shouldn't let you down!
Old 05-02-2006, 05:06 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Hi All,

I have used the Crossfire dual monitor for the past three years and have traveled over 40,000 miles. They are great! I can't say enough about how much they have been instrumental in preventing serious problems with tire inflation.When a tire goes flat, the crossfire senses this and prevents the other from going flat.If there is a slow leak on one tire and not the other, the cross fire attempts to equalize the tires to a certain point, but won't allow the good tire to loose significant air. Thus you can travel to a tire repair facility for the fix. Watching the dial is all that is necessary to tell you to pay attention to your tires. The only drawback is alligning the wheels when replacing on the axil. The hoses for the crossfire must line up.I highly reccomend using the crossfires!
Junior 913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 06:54 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

I just had them put on our coach at our State Rally in Perry Ga. It sure takes the worry out of that inside dual being flat and not knowing it. Most of us do a walk around at a rest area while on a trip but I didn't check the tire preassure every time. Now I can just look at the cross fire and know it is okay. Good Luck