Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-30-2014, 03:52 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Brake line help on Itasca 40U

I need help on hooking up the break air line on the coach. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:05 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

First off "Break" is as if it's broken and "Brake" stops the vehicle.

If your trying to hook up an air brake line for the vehicle you're towing, (goes to an air piston mounted to the floor of the car and to the brake pedal)
I can help. You'll need to get a "T" fitting and remove an air line to one of your rear brakes then run the new line from the "T" to the back of your coach. If it's something else then maybe a bit more explanation is in order.
LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 04:28 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhollis2 View Post
I need help on hooking up the break air line on the coach. Any help would be appreciated.
Need more info. Just what are you trying to do?

I just installed the AF1 in my coach and car. If that is what you are doing I can help.

Rick Y
Old 08-01-2014, 11:44 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Just trying to get from the air brake line on the coach. not sure which line to tap into.
Thanks, Mike
Old 08-01-2014, 08:31 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Air Brake Lines

mhollis2 This should help. The rear service brake line is green.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Air brake lines.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	72.5 KB
ID:	69646  
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 07:01 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Just a reminder, your coach has anti-lock brakes. If you tap into the air brake line at a brake cylinder your after the anti-skid control valve. If, you apply enough brake to actuate the anti-skid to that wheel, your also pulsing the toad brake at the same time.

Probably doesn't make a lot of difference in most cases, but, I just thought I'd bring it up as I'm in the middle of installing the Roadmaster 9160 brake unit at this time. I have to get the proper "T" fitting to install at the master air brake control valve and run the air line to the back.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:27 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhollis2 View Post
Just trying to get from the air brake line on the coach. not sure which line to tap into.
Thanks, Mike
Without knowing more we could be helping you into real trouble. There are several "green" air lines of different sizes. If you don't know which one to tap don't do it. SMI Air Force One is clear in their instructions as to which one to tap to feed air back to their add on tank and relay assembly. They also caution about cutting the wrong line. Are you just looking for a air supply? Don't forget the chuck under the hood. I added a gauge to mine for reference.

What ever you do, PLEASE be careful.

Rick Y

Tags
itasca, brake