Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-09-2019, 05:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

autopark pressure switchws

On a 2002 Workhorse P-32 are there 2 or 3 pressure switches in the autopark system?
I know of the green one under the hood on the pump and the brown one tee'd to the actator.
What I don't know is where is the gray one PM part 10218778 is located.

Thanks for your help
oldpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2019, 01:18 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

answer found- autopark sw

this is a copy of a email from Roger Haag - aka oldusedbear
Roger as been helping us with the autopark system for as long as 15 years
A truly great guy.

Roger Haag <[email protected]>
To:
'Gregory DeHart'

Sep 10 at 12:43 PM

I'm gonna add my reply/comments to your text below.

Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2019 8:26 AM
To: Roger Haag <[email protected]>
Subject: more info needed, please

Sent: Monday, September 09, 2019 4:16 PM
To: Roger Haag <[email protected]>
Subject: number of pressure switcths

Hi Roger, On a 2002 Workhorse P-32 are there 2 or 3 pressure switchs in the autopark system.

THERE ARE TWO PRESSURE SWITCHES - - BOTH THE SAME SIZE AND SHAPE BUT ONE IS GRAY AND THE OTHER ONE IS EITHER BROWN OR GREEN. BROWN AND GREEN SWITCHES ARE OPERATIONLY IDENTICAL - - JUST TWO DIFFERENT COLORS.

I know of the green one under the hood on the pump and the brown one tee'd to the actator.

THE GREEN ONE ON THE PUMP IS THE PROPER SWITCH FOR THAT POSITION

What I don't know is where is the gray one PM part 10218778 is located. THAT GRAY SWITCH IS THE ONE THAT IS SUPPOSED TO BE ON THE TEE FITTING AT THE ACTUATOR UNDER THE VEHICLE. THE BROWN ONE AS SHOWN IN YOUR PICTURE IS THE WRONG SWITCH FOR THAT POSITION. IT SHOULD BE A GRAY SWITCH.

OK, I have the gray switch ordered.

I am still a little confused; are there a total of 3 pressure switches used in the system?

1. Green or brown on the pump. CORRECT

2. Gray for the tee’d in one (access after removing the splash shield by the actuator) CORRECT

3. green or brown somewhere else? NO - - ONLY TWO PRESSURE SWITCHES IN THE AUTOPARK SYSTEM

The problem I was having was the “auto park light” in the dash came on but the brakes did not lock up and I knew to stop right way. After installing the brown one the light went off. (only run for testing) I won’t run the motor home until I replace it with the grey switch.

The picture shows the brown switch installed wrong- the gray should go here? BOTH STATEMENTS CORRECT

I'm not trying to be reredundant but is it 2 or 3 switches total used and their location. TOTAL OF TWO. ONE AT THE PUMP AND ONE AT THE TEE FITTING

Thanks, Greg
oldpa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
switch