Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2015, 09:17 AM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Well, I was told it would have coated wheels but the fronts leave black on my hands when I rub them, the rears do not. So, someplace along the line the front wheels were replaced or polished through the coating. I saved the Alcoa polish though so I'll use it on the fronts
Mr_D,
First off, if you started trying to polish "through" a factory clear coat with normal polishing pastes, liquids, etc. readily available, when you were 10 years old, you'd be about 95 just getting the first one done. That clear coat is seriously strong stuff but, it will "chip" if attacked with a sharp, strong object like a rock, lug wrench etc. But, people think it's "immediately damaged" if you're not sure whether or not you have a clear coat or not and, try and polish one that does have it. Not happening.

And, on your rears, not knowing which brand you have, ACCURIDE wheels have statement on their wheels that say they're clear coated. Since mine are not clear coated, I forgot what that statement or, word is. It may be something like "Accufinish" or, not sure? Been a while since I last read it.

And third, yep, it's definitely kind of weird that you have some clear coated and some not. Never seen that. Are you definitely sure your rears are clear coated?
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote