Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-03-2021, 08:34 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

'99 Vectra VCM37B Auto park brake

So.. I finally took the RV on the road and visited our local state park "Goldhead state park", once done for the day - We went down to their dump station and emptied both black/gray tank. Everything went fine (i'm a first timer, remember?).
Once everything was cleaned up and we were ready to go home,
the auto park brake wouldn't release. No "whirrling" on auto park light on the dash. I checked the fuses and they're all fine. I _do_ however have a constantly lit brake/warning light that wasn't on before (only used to come on for a few seconds)

I cut the pin with the cotter pin that transfers wire force to the parking brake drum on the rear of the transmission and was able to go home (only about 30 mi trip).
(And yes - i used two rubber wheel chocks :-) )

Any suggestions?

Its odd that the autopark quit when the breakwarning light came on?
AndersG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 10:50 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

What did you find out with your auto park brake?

I've got a different issue with mine:

I get the ( ! ) indicator and buzzer whenever the auto-parking-break is on. That is really annoying because it is on whenever the coach is in park. The parking break seems to work, I cannot make the indication happen with normal breaks, the break fluid is still topped-off. This just started happening.
MarkCoburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 11:19 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I think that I found the answer to this indication. Sounds like my auto park break is over traveling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkCoburn View Post
I've got a new break-related problem that I'll start a new thread for. I get the ( ! ) indicator and buzzer whenever the auto-parking-break is on. That is really annoying because it is on whenever the coach is in park. The parking break seems to work, I cannot make the indication happen with normal breaks, the break fluid is still topped-off.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:32 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Wink Try this!

Quote:
What did you find out with your auto park brake?

I've got a different issue with mine:

I get the ( ! ) indicator and buzzer whenever the auto-parking-break is on. That is really annoying because it is on whenever the coach is in park. The parking break seems to work, I cannot make the indication happen with normal breaks, the break fluid is still topped-off. This just started happening.

Hmmm - i'd look at the hydraulic assembly - there's a GRAY as well as a GREEN switch there.. The GREEN has functional control (disengages pump when pressure is reached/and turns it on if pressure drops) - WHEREAS the GRAY turns lights/buzzers on and off.. At first, i'd just unplug it.. This is the first thing to try if you have light/sound problems OR if you fuse burns out.

Since the system WORKS without it - try leaving it disconnected and see if it still functions. I got mine HERE for a little over $23
Old 04-02-2021, 11:40 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Cool Over travel?

Quote:
I think that I found the answer to this indication. Sounds like my auto park break is over traveling.

Hmm if that's the problem- you need to check/adjust the parking break pads/drum as well as that the wire between the pads and spring assembly is properly adjusted.

Good luck and please share your findings and results so we can all learn from you
Old 04-03-2021, 12:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Okay. First I have to find and and fix a big hydraulic leak on my slide, the ABS, and the stabilizers. This motorhome is breaking faster than I can fix it.

Tags
brake