Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2009, 10:30 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Exclamation 94 Itasca: lost a lug-nut

Took out our recently purchased Itasca for a weekend shake down
cruise. and noticed on the way back. I had lost a lug-nut
off the rear dually. Anybody know what size these are and
where I can purchase them? Thanks for the help!
Old 05-04-2009, 04:12 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

CHRISTOPH
welcome to the forum.
we gotta know the chassis maker and size of your moho. ford is different than gm. the torques on the lug nuts also vary greatly. the torque on my lug nuts is 475 ft lbs. they do not come off easily. i hope you just lost a lug nut cover.
you should update your "signature profile" to include this info.
most rv dealers and truck stops have lug nuts and lug nut covers available in their parts departments.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:36 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

If you call Winnebago Customer Service with your VIN and Model number info, they can tell you exactly what part you need and where to purchase the correct one. I lost one too and that is how I solved it. The cost was aprox $5.50 plus postage.
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 05:45 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Take on off and take it to a larger truck tire shop. They can match it easily.

Ken
Old 05-04-2009, 06:07 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I would bring it back to where it was purchased and have them replace the missing nut. At the same time have them re-torque all the wheel nuts. (USING A TORQUE WRENCH) Make sure the remaining nuts on that wheel are not too loose, you don't want your wheel to fall off! (also check that the rear wheels are lined up properly so that you can reach the air valve stems on the inner wheels)
Don G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 07:30 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the info fellas. I would take it back, but Michiana RV in
Elkhart was going out of business when I purchased it. They shut the doors about 2 weeks ago. BTW it looks like a plastic wheel cover
like bright aluminum made by phoenix, these are dually wheels
and looks like a long stud threaded over a smaller stud.
the larger one has a slot on the end where it penetrates outward
through the wheel. this RV is a 94 Itasca (27') on a chevy truck
chassis. 454 enging. thats all I know for now.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:24 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I learned something about those plastic "wheel nuts" when I took my rig in for an alignment and rotation.

The fellow doing the job explained how there are but two of the six of eight fake nuts holding the wheel liner in there. Those two have a "bar", a short line, indented into their nuts, and only those two are removeable, the rest are all fixed in place and just fake.

After he did the job, and was replacing the liners, I looked in my supplies and found the "plastic wheel nut wrench" in my supplied that he used to tighten up the plastic nuts properly. Before that, he was using a set of channellocks pliers.
VI Roamers is offline   Reply With Quote