Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Greetings -
We're newbies to this forum...picking up our 2008 Voyage 32H on Friday. (Can't wait! )

When we made the deal on Saturday we noted there was no spare in the compartment. We'd visited an Itasca dealer who had a spare tire in the same spot.

On our window sticker it says a set of radials and a spare are included.

Speaking to our "service advisor" today, we inquired about the spare (or lack thereof). He said he'd "never seen a spare on a Winnebago."

We explained that the window sticker says it should be there.

We're planning on calling Winnebago to check on this tomorrow. But, we thought we'd check in on this extremely valuable forum tonight.

What do ya'll think?

Thanks much!
Boris and Natasha
Old 06-23-2008, 07:00 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Greetings -
We're newbies to this forum...picking up our 2008 Voyage 32H on Friday. (Can't wait! )

When we made the deal on Saturday we noted there was no spare in the compartment. We'd visited an Itasca dealer who had a spare tire in the same spot.

On our window sticker it says a set of radials and a spare are included.

Speaking to our "service advisor" today, we inquired about the spare (or lack thereof). He said he'd "never seen a spare on a Winnebago."

We explained that the window sticker says it should be there.

We're planning on calling Winnebago to check on this tomorrow. But, we thought we'd check in on this extremely valuable forum tonight.

What do ya'll think?

Thanks much!
Boris and Natasha
Old 06-23-2008, 07:25 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

If it says spare tire included on the window sticker then that's what your buying and paying for. Go to the top brass if you have to get what you deserve. If you don't ask, you don't get.
Sammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 09:37 PM   #4

I agree with Sammie; if it's on the MSRP sticker than it's part of the deal. Too bad if the dealer 'moved' it to another MH; they owe you a tire and wheel or a check for the actual replacement cost of said tire and wheel.
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 03:55 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Which chassis do you have?

Both the optional Ford and Workhorse 22,000 pound GVWR chassis come with 22.5" wheels. It's quite common to not get a 22.5" spare. The optional chassis may trump the spare tire note on the standard equipment list.

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:29 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tderonne:
The optional chassis may trump the spare tire note on the standard equipment list. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That may very well be the case.

But.... it wouldn't hurt to talk to Winnebago.

Service Administration
(800)-537-1885

For inquiries related to your current vehicle, service, or dealer inquires, please have the following information ready when making your call:
"¢ Complete 12 digit serial number
"¢ Date of purchase
"¢ Selling dealers name
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:59 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Wow! We go to sleep with a question and wake up with the answers. This forum is a terrific resource!

It is the Ford 22,000# w/22.5" wheels. So, the mystery may be solved.

We'll give Winnebago a call and report back.

Thanks for the great info. We really appreciate your help.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:58 AM   #8
Winnebago Owner

I have recently been dealing with the spare tire challenge and discovered it is not an easy issue to deal with. See the post "Spare Tire Dilemma - June 21/08"

I also have a 22,000 Ford chassis (2007 35A Adventure) which had no spare. Since we were heading to Alaska I thought it would be wise to carry a spare. So ordered a spare (235/80/22.5 Michelin XRV) to match the main tires. I waited for four weeks and still no XRV tire so had to change the order to a XZE which looked like a close match. Hope I never have to use it.

To carry the spare I installed a RV Tire Carrier which is mounted in the towing receiver. The total weight of the tire and rim is about 150 lbs. The receiver is rated for 500 lbs of vertical weight. I tow four down so no or very little added weight. I also modified the carrier by installing another receiver underneath the carrier to reduce the extension behind the motorhome.

In the end it has worked out. I would not have been a happy camper waiting on the roadside for a spare to arrive for the time it took to get the one I have. I understand that 235/80/22.5 XRV's are in short supply.

Hope you have a good response from Winnie.

Gary
Gary D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 04:22 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Thanks to all for your great responses. I talked with Winnebago this morning and Tim was correct. The optional chasis with 22.5 wheels bumps the spare out. The rep said it was a weight and space issue. I explained to him that the window sticker was a little confusing and he agreed.

The good news is that we have extra cargo space. I just hope that, if we ever have a flat while on the road, Coachnet will be able to send someone with a tire and wheel!