Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Running Gear, Axles, Brakes, Wheels and Tires
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-01-2013, 12:48 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2013, Raven 3300CK-SunnyBrook/Winnebago-5th Wheel

Good day, all!
Would love to chat it up here with anyone who owns a Raven Fifth Wheel!
We are into our almost 12th week traveling full time in ours until our new home is finished. With the exception of owning a Me-Two Camper for a few years in the 1970's (giving our ages away!) we are new to this! We are having a ball.
A few mishaps/issues, some related to being newbies - but all is good. Our floorplan is working beautifully for the two of us, and the one thing I (the wife) was most concerned about when we were shopping for a 5th wheel, was storage. NOT a problem - a place for everything and everything in it's place!
Anyway - hope someone is out there who wants to share the good and the bad!?
Jim and Mary Ann
Raven13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:16 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Congrats on the new 5th wheel, and I know you also responded to a thread I started on Winnebago towables. I don't know about you, but I'm interested in hearing from anyone that has purchased a towable from Winnebago, whether it be in the Winnebago or Sunnybrook line. I think that so far, they seem to be making some very good trailers.

I have contacted Winnebago about several different questions, and I have expressed the opinion that they need to be a better job of describing the construction materials and techniques used in making their towables, and suggested that they look at what Jayco does on their website.

So...I hope you get a lot of replies to your thread!!
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:34 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Did you know that you should leave the slide-out power switch "on" while towing? That's what I found out by reading the Winnebago Trailer/5th Wheel manual. I had that confirmed by contacting Winnebago, so I'm pretty sure it would apply to your Remington. So, check your literature....unless the dealer was already "on top" of this and has already told you.
Old 09-04-2013, 01:49 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Wow, you are absolutely correct. The owner's manual for ours is generic. We get more info from folks on this forum!
Have a good day!
Raven13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven13 View Post
Wow, you are absolutely correct. The owner's manual for ours is generic. We get more info from folks on this forum!
Have a good day!
That's why I'm trying to keep some active threads going on Winnebago towables. Those of us that have purchased units can probably learn a lot by sharing our experiences and with the line being so new, there isn't much to find on the internet. So, I encourage anyone with a Winnebago towable to post here as well as the Trailer Life site (hope I'm allowed to say that here!).
Old 09-29-2013, 07:12 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Hi we have just placed a deposit on our Raven 3300ck can hardly wait for it we won't be seeing it for about 2-3 months as we are having it made compliant for the Australian market and then shipped out and will be full timers for the next couple of years then
how have you found your van any problems to look out for or is all fine regards would appreciate any feedback just my hubby Keith and I and our moggy (: Helenxo
Helenxo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenxo View Post
Hi we have just placed a deposit on our Raven 3300ck can hardly wait for it we won't be seeing it for about 2-3 months as we are having it made compliant for the Australian market and then shipped out and will be full timers for the next couple of years then
how have you found your van any problems to look out for or is all fine regards would appreciate any feedback just my hubby Keith and I and our moggy (: Helenxo
Hello, Helen, Keith and your moggy!

Congratulations! You will LOVE your new home! We've been traveling the USA in our Raven for 3 1/2 months now (over 9,000 miles). We are waiting for our new house in Florida to be built, so we are giving our rig a good workout!

Have we had issues?? Yes, but mostly minor. We had the problems taken care of under warranty just a few weeks ago. That was a bit hard to accomplish as we were away from our home dealer located in Las Vegas. We now realize how busy RV repair companies are, especially during the summer!
If you'd like, I could detail the issues we encountered. Just let me know!

In the meantime - hope the time before it arrives goes quickly. You'll have to post pictures after you receive it!
Old 10-03-2013, 04:16 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Yes thank you for your reply Keith says yes if you could outline your problems that would be great and very appreciated We love reading the forums news it is very informative can you also tell me what hitch is reccomended best to tow we are looking to get a silverado dual. Chevy but unsure what hitch is suitable for the Raven many thanksHelen xo
Old 10-05-2013, 10:12 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Yes thank you for your reply Keith says yes if you could outline your problems that would be great and very appreciated We love reading the forums news it is very informative can you also tell me what hitch is reccomended best to tow we are looking to get a silverado dual. Chevy but unsure what hitch is suitable for the Raven many thanksHelen xo
Hello, again!
I am happy to detail our experiences so far...
First off - we had our hitch installed at the dealership in Las Vegas where we bought our Raven. It is a Husky, 26K, sliding hitch. Jim has no problem with it, and it is doing the job.
***This was the most critical.
THE KITCHEN GRAY TANK (#1) OVERFLOWED. (The sensor for this tank is temperamental). Anyway, we were under the impression that if the tank was full, the back up would occur up through the sink. Not what happened.
After doing dishes one evening we heard water running under the 5th wheel, gushing actually. Jim ran out and pulled the lever so the rest of the water drained into the sewer.
When we took it in for the repair, we got this comment: "Connected hose to fill gray tank to find leak. Noticed a leak from behind water valve. Removed panel in pass-through storage bcompartment to access back of valve and found a loose inlet hose and clamp. Tightened and tested for fresh leak. All OK. Then pulled belly pan down in a couple spots and leak is on top of the tank. Searched more and found leak from pipe coming down from kitchen sink. Removed circuit breaker box and furnace cover and found the y-pipe for sink and vent just above tank is cracked. Removed section of belly pan to lower gray tank. Disconnected pipes and lowered tank. Cut off bad sections of pipe and installed new pipe and fittings."

The other issues were addressed after spending our first night in the parking lot of the dealership before we took delivery.
A. The shower leaked - needed more caulking on the outer lip.
B. Window behind chairs in living room wasn't sealing properly.
C. Kitchen sink leaked minimally - tightened fitting.

Other than what I have outlined, it's been great. We have learned a lot by trial and error. As I have said previously, the floorplan works beautifully for us, and the storage is adequate. We have spent time in it during all types of weather, (it's pouring down rain right now!) and the A/C and furnace has kept us very comfortable. At first I thought the fireplace was sort of a waste, but we actually enjoy using it to take the early morning chill off. The A/C is a bit noisy, but we live with it to stay cool!

I hope you will take photos and post a few when you get your new Raven! You can see the color of ours in my profile picture. We bought it right off the lot, so we didn't pick colors, and it did come with almost all of the bells and whistles offered.
Until we 'chat' again - Mary Ann
Old 11-18-2013, 03:49 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

ETA??

Quote:
Hello Helen and Keith!
Any news on the delivery of your Raven? You have got to be getting very anxious!
Mary Ann
Old 11-19-2013, 12:55 AM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven13 View Post
Hello Helen and Keith!
Any news on the delivery of your Raven? You have got to be getting very anxious!
Mary Ann
Hi Mary Anne first contract on my home fell through but have now got an unconditional contract on my home out by 6 th December then can i can complete payment on my van and have it sent to Ontario approx 2 weeks to become compliant for here in Australia and we expect it to land in Brisbane sometime in January or early February I can't wait just handed my three businesses to my two children and when it gets here we will be putting generator and washing machine in and you won't see me for dust (: thank you by the way I will now send the problem you described on overflowing tanks to the dealer so he can check that out for us before the van is sent over although you usually get minor things you have to fix up in the new van. How about you have you been traveling much And are you having a great time I hope so I can't wait to be on the road I will talk a lot more to you then as we feel our way around bye for now Helenxo
Old 11-19-2013, 04:46 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Hi, Helen!
Happy to hear from you! Sounds like you are getting your ducks in a row! You sound very busy, so when your new "home" arrives you will be even more ready to take off and enjoy it!
We have had no other issues with our Raven! We have traveled over 13,000 miles in it since the middle of June! Although, the sensor for the kitchen grey tank doesn't work (despite all the cleaning efforts we tried), I can live with that.

Now we are in Florida, staying in a wonderful campground in Key Largo right on the water. We will be here until at least the middle of December. Our new "stick" home north of here will not be finished until sometime in January, so we will be sticking around this area till then.

Curious ~ where are you putting the washing machine? I think it may go in the bedroom area next to the closet??
We can't wait to hear all about your new beginnings in the Raven! We'll stay tuned......
Good luck to you and Keith!
Best regards,
Mary Ann
Old 11-19-2013, 09:43 AM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

Hi Mary Ann I believe the machine prep is inside the cupboard next to the outside door I have been advised to put the washing machine in the front outside door facing the car in front of the hitch I already have a washing machine in my current van and we get a thin black residue on the top surface of machine I believe this to be black mold so I will not be putting it inside as I do have a lung condition and it s better than traipsing up and down the stairs with a washing basket and the smell of moisture in the van as we are living in it full time for the next couple of years I do know they do put washing machine and dryer in the bedroom closet but I have a dryer at home kids are taking it of course but it catches the water in a plastic enclosed dish and you would be surprised at the amount of moisture that would actually be in your bedroom as the dish half fills probably a kilo of water each load this would create a big mold problem in time as before I got this dryer we had mold spots on ceiling I had to gret in home before I painted last time less maitinence is good in a small area hope this helps you decide and by the way I have found the 3.5kg dometic front loader best washing machine I have had in my van had a couple of lemairs but prefer the dometic this is my opinion only so as not to upset those people who. Enjoy their lemairs happy traveling Helenxo
Old 11-19-2013, 01:14 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Hi, again!

That's great to have the washer out! Hope it works well for you.

Today was a great day for us - hope yours is too!

Until we chat again!
Mary Ann

Tags
5th wheel, winnebago