Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2020, 12:22 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

For Sale: Ideal Rest Mattress - parts

We have a King size Ideal Rest Mattress and decided to put in a regular mattress after our air pump went bad. I am wondering if anyone needs some extra parts. We have one good wired remote controller and two inflatable bladders that are in very good shape. Outer wrap and foam siderails are also in very good condition. No pet, no smoker motorhome. Will sell for a reasonable price (make us an offer) plus shipping. Just hate to throw these things away if someone can use them. Text us at 859-653-0120
SanCristobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 05:50 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
curios: what brand mattress did replace it with? we've been thinking of doing the same thing but none of the mfgs i've spoken with will warranty their mattress for use on a folding bed.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 08:48 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

We ordered a Serta"Sleep to Go" Cal King thru Sam's Club online for $499. We don't have it yet so I can't comment on its comfort. The manufacturer does state that the bed is good for solid service bed frames and adjustable foundations. Our original RV mattress was 72x80x10. We went with a Cal King that measures 72x84x10. We think the longer mattress will actually prevent some annoying slippage that happens everytime we raise and lower our bed during transit. Hope we made the right decision. This was a bad summer for problems with the Ideal Rest Bed. The company was great about sending us parts to fix things but its a very heavy bed to lift up to reach all the mechanisms underneath and we just decided it really wasn't going to be save much longer for two seniors to be working on it. And troubleshooting our mattress was the last thing we wanted to do after driving all day.
SanCristobus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2020, 09:46 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Send a message via Yahoo to rk911
ok, thanks. we have a queen and it was heavy to lift until i had my shop install a pair of gas struts on the frame along with a safety bar to keep it propped open. now i can lift it with one hand.

2016 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q
rk911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2020, 06:17 AM   #5
RJL
Winnebago Camper

Please let me know how that mattress works out for you. I am thinking of doing the same thing. Just undecided about which mattress and the extra length of the cal king.
RJL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 08:27 AM   #6
Winnie to Go

For either of you. Did you make the switch and how did things work out; comfort, usage, etc. Thx.
Old 12-26-2020, 07:05 PM   #7
RJL
Winnebago Camper

I have not switched yet. I have repaired my mattress by putting new couplers on where it connects to the pump. The manufacturer sent me new ones for free and just had to pay about $4.00 shipping. Holding air great now and so far very comfortable.
RJL is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, parts, replace, replacement