Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2022, 12:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Looking for a sales agent to sell our 2018 Winnebago

We are looking for a trustworthy agent to handle the entire sales process for our low mileage, 2018 Winnebago 32YE. The vehicle is presently located in central Indiana.

We have explored consignment sales through RV dealerships but are dissatisfied with the terms we have been given, especially damage responsibility while the vehicle is in the hands of the consignment dealership.
Hoosierdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 01:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Have you considered just doing an online sale? We found we got much better service from one dealer in Florida after getting fed up with the runaround we got through local delaers!

We worked for three monthswith dealers in the Dallas are only to find they were using our Rv as a breakroom, when we drove by without notice! No wonder there were no good offers as the thing was a total mess!
We called the group in Florida, they made us an offer and send a person to do the final.

There was a check that found a chip in the windshield which we had not spotted or reported and we agreed to drop $500 off the offer. Us replacing that specific windshield would have been about $800 on insurance with a $1000 deductable!

We were happy with the total deal and the only hangup came when our bank was slow to turn a cashiers check into CASH! There was no question about doing it but our bank only had one person who could do that amount and they were gone to lunch! There was no pressure and it was all a big relief to have it gone at what we felt was a fair price!
We took the cash and ran!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 03:07 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Have you considered just doing an online sale? We found we got much better service from one dealer in Florida after getting fed up with the runaround we got through local delaers!

We worked for three monthswith dealers in the Dallas are only to find they were using our Rv as a breakroom, when we drove by without notice! No wonder there were no good offers as the thing was a total mess!
We called the group in Florida, they made us an offer and send a person to do the final.

There was a check that found a chip in the windshield which we had not spotted or reported and we agreed to drop $500 off the offer. Us replacing that specific windshield would have been about $800 on insurance with a $1000 deductable!

We were happy with the total deal and the only hangup came when our bank was slow to turn a cashiers check into CASH! There was no question about doing it but our bank only had one person who could do that amount and they were gone to lunch! There was no pressure and it was all a big relief to have it gone at what we felt was a fair price!
We took the cash and ran!
Hey thanks so much for the speedy response Richard. Might I ask who you dealt with in Florida?
Old 05-18-2022, 05:15 PM   #4
WinnieAdven38

We bought our rig years ago from PPL, in Houston. They seem to be the largest consignment dealer, they actively advertise nationwide, and have a great website to help sell all their units. They worked with us very professionally and we would not hesitate to work with them again.

BTW - We lived in southern CA at the time. Flew to Houston to inspect and buy our rig from them, driving it back. But they had the exact model & floor plan we wanted, which was very hard to find anywhere else.
HappiHenri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 06:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Sorry to take so long to get back!
We went online for a search, saw and ad and came up with this:

https://rvselectinc.com/

Paperwork came through as CURS inc. for title, etc.but the website seems a good place to start.
The process was a bit stressful as we are kind of boderline paranoid online?
But they explained what they expected to happen and that they do itall the time and what they told us was what happened as it went along and they had several points to make us feel better on the deal.
One thing to never do is to accept that a even a cashier's check is not always good, so they explained that we would get a cashier's check, take it to our bank and get cash and KNOW the check was okay BEFORE they left. On the date set, they had several "driver's fly in topick up three different RV around the area, then they got together and drove the three RV back to some where that I did not care!
We have most of our money invested here and there and for the few dollars difference, and who knows what you can get, I felt a great relief to just have money in hand and it gone!
As I said, the only hangup was my bank having the right folks there to do the large amount. Funny thing, we've also changed banks!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 06:45 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Try Camping World.

I sold them my Class A in February for 17K more than what I paid for it in May 2021. It was an easy and smooth transaction.

I received on of their emails stating, "we want your RV". I replied, got another email and after answering a bunch of questions about my RV and its condition was given a cash and a consignment offer. I took the cash offer. The amount was contingent on their actual inspection. They didn't find anything, so nothing was deducted.

I turned around and bought a travel trailer from them which was also a pleasant experience. I got lucky because I deal with a good CW store.

Anyway, it's worth a try and will cost you nothing.

Retired "Quiet Professional". Lifetime HSUS and ASPCA member and supporter.
71_340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 08:04 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

For anyone looking at this thread later in the Austin area, I had a great experience selling my fifth-wheel with cripplecreekrvs.com in Liberty Hill. They are a small outfit, but they are extremely professional and they have a very simple process.
backtrack15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 07:59 AM   #8
DNC
2016 Journey 36M

RV Wheelator

I sold my Super C Dutchmen a couple of years ago. I contacted https://rvwheelator.com/ and was very satisfied with their service. They charge a reasonable flat fee. You send them photos and a description of your rig and they advertise it on several RV listing sites. It was listed on a Friday morning and I sold it at 5PM that day.
DNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 11:10 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

thanks so much! It’s a bit of an ordeal as we live on a boat, are traveling, and looking for someone dependable that can just work the deal. I appreciate your advice and will ‘look into this company. Thanks again!!…Dave B
Old 05-19-2022, 11:12 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Excellent information! Thanks so much. We will explore this approach!

Tags
sale, winnebago