Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Vintage Rigs - Retro is cool!
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-05-2020, 07:02 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

tires for a 1986 Le'Sharo

I am trying to find tires for my 1986 Le'Sharo. It has 205/75/14C on it now. Other forums talk about 195/80. Does any one know for sure what it needs and where to find it. I can only find them in a trailer tire and I am told you can't use them because they are for being pulled not driving.
Medic624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 07:30 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

I just googled that size and 3 different brands popped up. Once you know the brands, you can check with local tire dealers and ask about the 'towed' vs 'drive' tires. I don't see that much for a Class A but it is mentioned sometimes. 'Steer' and 'Drive' is how they are labeled. But many times, the tires are rated as both.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 07:55 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

If not on hand, I would first look for a manual and go for that as a more reliable source as forums are simply folks who may or may not have good info or may have forgotten what they actually know! Assuming the info plate on things like tires and specs is not there or doesn't list that much detail? Since tires are reasonably expensive and very important to get them right, I might want to get really good info first.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 09:27 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Lesharo 14 in tires

we are looking at a one owner 87, 134,000 kms. it has ST 205-75-14 tires.. thats Trailer tires,, he says it handles better than the car tires he had on before this set..but not as good as the original factory tires whicj are not available at any tire shop here .whats your thoughts on using trailer tires.
Old 06-03-2023, 09:15 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

No tire expert here, for sure, but I might mention one biggie when RV shopping?
check the age of the tires as a big itme often overlooked when shopping. They tend to age out far more than wear out on RV, so if they are past six years, I might consider them needing replaced and factor that into pricing?
Sorry! No info on trailer versus others for tire use.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 09:31 AM   #6
Site Team

I don't know the answer, but I bet someone on the internet knows:

https://www.prioritytire.com/blog/ca...ll-comparison/

Tags
tires