Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2020, 05:41 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

1993 454 tbi bad idle

hi everyone
i just purchase a 25 foot 1993 winnebago warrior with a 454 tbi that idle up and down when operating temp is reach
new o2 sensor
new map sensor
new intake temp sensor
dr jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:15 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Sounds like you replaced some obvious parts to me but have you thought of switching out the TPS (throttle position sensor). That would have been my 1st choice unless a scanner was telling you different.

You might want to post an introduction in the Welcome Mat fourm. I think folks would be more likely to reply to your post if they knew that it was enthusiastic newbie fourm member rather than just a random solicitation for advice.

An afterthought... Some times it helps to clean throttle bodies out. I think Scotty Kilmer or Chris Fix both have helpful videos on YouTube for this. If this was a carbuerator I'd say start looking for vaccum leaks around gaskets, etc... Has this 454 ever been seriously overheated? What's the mileage and PO history? A little background would help to.
MinntoMich is offline   Reply With Quote