Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-10-2018, 11:16 AM   #61
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrailer View Post
There’s only one I can find and it’s underneath the water heater. I believe it’s the freshwater drain petcock. I didn’t see a hot water one
Look under the trailer and you should see a red and a blue plastic (PEX) pipe sticking down. These are the low point drains and the valves for these are directly above the pipes, probably under a cover that you will have to remove. They look like this on our 2250DS.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2018, 08:55 PM   #62
Winnebago Master

Quote:
There’s only one I can find and it’s underneath the water heater. I believe it’s the freshwater drain petcock. I didn’t see a hot water one
In my 27Q there is a regular "mess" of plumbing and wiring immediately behind the panel for accessing the waterheater bypass valves. The low point drain valves are in there too and one of them is buried under the tubing and wires.
Old 11-11-2018, 05:21 AM   #63
Winnie-Wise

On mine, the low point drains are seperate and neatly mounted under the kitchen sink.
Easiest way to find them is to look under the camper and find the red/blue tubes sticking out.

Note that they are not as low as the fresh water drain. Mine are tucked up under the skirt.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 07:26 AM   #64
Winnie-Wise

Our 2106FBS low point valves are located in the bottom cabinet of the wardrobe in the bathroom with outlets stopping about a half inch below the coroplast.

On the outdoor shower you should have pumped antifreeze through it as well. With antifreeze you would need to keep any low level valves closed to prevent it from draining out so you would leave the outdoor shower closed. I only blow my plumbing out with air. Due to this I will leave all valves open to prevent pressure build up.

After draining the water heater and bypassing it I just put the plug back in and hand tighten. This keeps any creepy crawlies from getting in and makes it easier to give it a quick flush before I put it back into service.
old_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 01:27 PM   #65
Winnebago Camper

Interesting i can’t find a low point hot water drain anywhere. The only one I can find is the white fresh water petcock.
The i looked under the sink and poked my head from the water pump to where the lines go up the shower.

The entire underbelly of the camper has a large flat mat screwed into it. No holes that I can see
McTrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:19 PM   #66
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_engineer View Post
There is a check valve on the city water connection itself to stop water from back flowing out of it. If you remove the screen washer you will see a white button. This is the valve. If you push it to hold it open it until antifreeze comes out you will have section of the plumbing winterized.

I have run across several postings where people have had problems with this valve after pushing it to allow the antifreeze in the system to reach the City Water connection. My neighbour had to replace the valve on his unit. He then bought a Camco Hand Pump 3603

It is important to get antifreeze into this outlet as water does sit in it, so injecting antifreeze into it is wise. Note that this is your cold water and as there is a check valve the antifreeze will not go into your fresh/potable water tank and as you will have set the bypass for your hot water tank it will not be affected.
TrailerDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 05:47 AM   #67
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Interesting i can’t find a low point hot water drain anywhere. The only one I can find is the white fresh water petcock.
The i looked under the sink and poked my head from the water pump to where the lines go up the shower.

The entire underbelly of the camper has a large flat mat screwed into it. No holes that I can see
That mat is called coroplast. There should be two PEX pipes coming through to drain the plumbing lines. Have you tried calling Winnebago to see where they are suppose to be? I wouldn't try to open them if you cannot find the outlets but would take it back to the dealer as a warranty issue.
old_engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:24 PM   #68
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailerDon View Post
I have run across several postings where people have had problems with this valve after pushing it to allow the antifreeze in the system to reach the City Water connection. My neighbour had to replace the valve on his unit. He then bought a Camco Hand Pump 3603

It is important to get antifreeze into this outlet as water does sit in it, so injecting antifreeze into it is wise. Note that this is your cold water and as there is a check valve the antifreeze will not go into your fresh/potable water tank and as you will have set the bypass for your hot water tank it will not be affected.
Yeah, do not press the little white button while the system is under pressure! This is my first year with a micro Minnie and I ignored all the warnings and now I'll be replacing the city water valve. I think next year I'll blow out that valve while the system is drained.....

BTW, this thread was a lifesaver for a newbie like me!
yooper011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 07:13 AM   #69
Winnie-Wise

No need to replace the valve!
Once you take it off the camper, you can disassemble it from the back and replace the o-ring.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 07:21 AM   #70
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for that! I did have it out but couldn't figure out how to take it apart without breaking it. �� Now that I know it can be done I'll try again. Its already broke, what's the worst that could happen? ��
yooper011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 05:24 PM   #71
Winnebago Camper

Old thread, but had to ask:
We used to own a Class-C Motorhome, but switched to the Winnebago Micro Minnie 2405RL (small fifth wheel). The plumbing looks all different. It came winterized, with antifreeze in the lines. I dewinterized today, but for the life of me, I can't find the: (a) fresh water tank drain valve, and (b) the low point drain valves. The low point valves are closed, I can tell, because I see the actual drains and they don't leak anything, but I'm curious where the hell the actual valves are.
The fresh water drain valve is also closed, but I want to know where it is...

Anyone here has experience with the Micro Minnie 2405RL?

Thanks in advance!
Old 12-12-2020, 05:35 PM   #72
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockelino View Post
We used to own a Class-C Motorhome, but switched to the Winnebago Micro Minnie 2405RL (small fifth wheel). The plumbing looks all different. It came winterized, with antifreeze in the lines. I dewinterized today, but for the life of me, I can't find the: (a) fresh water tank drain valve, and (b) the low point drain valves. The low point valves are closed, I can tell, because I see the actual drains and they don't leak anything, but I'm curious where the hell the actual valves are.

Thanks in advance!
Supposedly mine are near the refrigerator. I havent found them either yet lol. Look under your cabinets really well.
McTrailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2020, 05:46 PM   #73
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Supposedly mine are near the refrigerator. I havent found them either yet lol. Look under your cabinets really well.
What about the fresh water tank drain?
Old 12-12-2020, 07:48 PM   #74
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI-Minnie View Post
It's also a good idea to leave the faucets OPEN after you do any winterizing as this helps drain out of the fixtures after the pressure is off. Just remember to close them all before hooking back up!
The bolded text above is important! Don't ask how I know.

Great advice in this thread. Thanks again.
Old 12-12-2020, 07:52 PM   #75
Winnebago Owner

Quote:

Thanks in advance!
Look under the trailer for some pex sticking out of the coroplast undercover. There should be two close together; these are the low point drains. The low point drain valves will probably be right above those points inside the trailer. Mine are inset into the floor and hidden under a cover in the storage area under the bed. The fresh water tank drain is a little plastic spigot valve on the third pipe that comes out under the trailer; there is nothing in the trailer to control draining that tank.
Old 12-12-2020, 07:59 PM   #76
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
What about the fresh water tank drain?
The FW drain should be visible poking through the chloroplast under your trailer. Mine is right in the middle, under the kitchen. The hot/cold red/blue low point drain valves should be behind a cabinet, right above where the drain is under the trailer. Mine is behind a set of drawers in the kitchen.
Old 12-13-2020, 01:11 PM   #77
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Navy View Post
The FW drain should be visible poking through the chloroplast under your trailer. Mine is right in the middle, under the kitchen. The hot/cold red/blue low point drain valves should be behind a cabinet, right above where the drain is under the trailer. Mine is behind a set of drawers in the kitchen.
Found it, just like you said, a random looking spigot in the back of the trailer. This looked so different from the FW drain on my previously owned Class-C motorhome (Winnebago Itasca Spirit 25B), which is why I didn't notice it yesterday.
Thanks for the help everybody.
Old 12-26-2020, 10:24 AM   #78
Winnebago Watcher

I'm new to TT world. OP Your instructions were very helpful. Thank you! Can you or anyone tell me how to open and close FW value? I was able to find endpoint controls under the bed from the inside. I thought the freshwater turned on and off from outside. I went to turn the piece of plastic and it sort of crumbled in my hand. Now it does nothing but spin around. Was I supposed to pull it or turn, or do I control from the inside? It's the gray thing between the two axels. I know it's open because I poured antifreeze down it into FW tank. Also, you mention pushing a plastic thing on the city water connection. On mine there's piece of rubber and pushing it does nothing, nor would I expect it to. Underneath the piece of rubber is the connection with a value/screen over the top. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I bought this camper used with no manual. I can't believe the manufacture doesn't have a manual that I can get my hands on. Any ideas? I have a 2017 Minnie 25RL.
Evonboeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2020, 12:12 PM   #79
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evonboeck View Post
I'm new to TT world. OP Your instructions were very helpful. Thank you! Can you or anyone tell me how to open and close FW value? I was able to find endpoint controls under the bed from the inside. I thought the freshwater turned on and off from outside. I went to turn the piece of plastic and it sort of crumbled in my hand. Now it does nothing but spin around. Was I supposed to pull it or turn, or do I control from the inside? It's the gray thing between the two axels. I know it's open because I poured antifreeze down it into FW tank. Also, you mention pushing a plastic thing on the city water connection. On mine there's piece of rubber and pushing it does nothing, nor would I expect it to. Underneath the piece of rubber is the connection with a value/screen over the top. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I bought this camper used with no manual. I can't believe the manufacture doesn't have a manual that I can get my hands on. Any ideas? I have a 2017 Minnie 25RL.
You can download the manual from here: https://www.winnebago.com/owners/own...erator-manuals

I owned a motorhome (Spirit 25B) which Winnebago had an awesome manual for. However, now with the towable (micro minnie fifth wheel 2405RL) the manual is too generic, and frankly, pretty much useless.

In my motorhome, the FW valve was under the mattress and to open, you would turn the valve/knob 90 degrees counterclockwise (kind'a like opening a faucet) and close it by turning clockwise. With the fifth wheel, it's a cheap looking plastic spigot underneath the trailer, turn it counter clockwise to open, let the water drain, close it by turning clockwise. Hope that helps.
Old 12-27-2020, 01:22 PM   #80
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evonboeck View Post
Can you or anyone tell me how to open and close FW value? I was able to find endpoint controls under the bed from the inside.
I'm not sure exactly what freshwater valves you are describing. My 2401RG is almost the same trailer as the 2500RL. There is no valve on my outside fresh "city water" or "gravity fill" connection. My other water connection is the blackwater flush, and the plastic handle around the hose connection is just to allow you to thread on the hose while wearing gloves.

All of my valves for winterizing the FW system are under my kitchen sink, and are accessed by removing the blank panel under the sink.

Tags
winter