Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2019, 08:55 PM   #41
Boondocker

Don't feel bad. RV's are like houses - always something to work on! My Ford E450 chassis and powertrain has not given me one speck of trouble... the coach, on the other hand "Oh boy!"
Four Seasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:00 AM   #42
Winnebago Vita 24P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Seasons View Post
Don't feel bad. RV's are like houses - always something to work on! My Ford E450 chassis and powertrain has not given me one speck of trouble... the coach, on the other hand "Oh boy!"
Nah, more like owning a Old British sports car, take your money and put on edge of grand canyon and kick it in.
lenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 06:20 AM   #43
Winnebago Watcher

If that's the case then I really got em! But I'm pretty sure it's the bead of dicor itself. Like it bubbled or didn't completely bond with the fiberglass roof. It's something that I should learn to fix myself, but with less than a year on it I feel like winnebago should stand behind it. They seem to feel differently.
E.Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 09:13 AM   #44
Boondocker

Sweaty Bin Syndrome

I've been able to deal with the unglued interior trim, the warped and ill-fitting window trim, faulty thermostat, crappy generator battery wiring, rotting sewer pipe couplers, limp door and drawer catches, and etc, etc... there's always something falling apart or falling off - but the one thing that's really got me puzzled is the condensation in a exterior storage compartment immediately below the kitchen.

I have caulked and taped all the seams inside this compartment, to make sure warmth and humidity aren't from the kitchen, furnace and HWT area or from the outdoors; and insulated the inside of the storage compartment and its door with automotive-style adhesive blanket, and even put some carpet on top of the insulation on the bottom of the compartment.

There are no plumbing leaks and no leaks around the door gasket - but when the temperature drops overnight, I still get an appreciable amount of condensation in this storage bin, but little or none in the rest of the bins, and none in the "basement."

Has anyone experienced the same, or have any ideas on this one?
Old 11-06-2019, 09:16 AM   #45
Boondocker

I should mention here, that with all the glueing, screwing, caulking and taping, and a few new parts - my rig progressively improves from the original condition at delivery, LoL!
Old 11-06-2019, 12:43 PM   #46
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by E.Carlson View Post
I'll bite. I just found this forum while looking for solutions for some of my own issues. I have a new 2018 minnie drop. It has had some issues that I fixed on my own, plumbing leaks and loose connections and such. Annoying but part of owning a camper I guess. My big problem is that I have a roof leak. Less than a year old and I already have to replace the roof seals? I called on the warranty and was informed that seals aren't covered. Upon inspection I found that the dicor on one side (where the leak is) seemed to be hollow, like there was a long bubble all the way down the seal. Anyone think I can prove that that was a issue in workmanship so I can fight them on the warranty? It goes into the dealer on the 20th, but so far it looks like I'm out of luck.
I can't see you 'out of luck'! If this Dicor is/was factory installed, then the application of such was factory-faulty. So, whatever 'down stream' damage resulted, should totally be picked up by Winnebago. As long as you did nothing to the original Dicor application...didn't remove, didn't add...you should be fully backed by Winn. If they still refuse under the lame excuse that sealant can 'deteriorate' from the day of factory application, I'd spend 15 minutes with a lawyer to see what your legal options might be. But unfortunately, you can't use your trailer, or 'fix' the issue yourself...if you touch it...Winn is free and clear...
Sun_Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:50 PM   #47
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenore View Post
Nah, more like owning a Old British sports car, take your money and put on edge of grand canyon and kick it in.
Oh boy..does this post remind me of my MGB...with LUCAS electrics....great car...got wonderful complements with it in racing green...well, when the junk LUCAS ignition parts created a spark.....lol. Oh...don't get me going...back to the regularly programmed RV/TT show...

"Ok...this is bad...I miss my old MGB...hadn't thought of it in decades...jeez!"

This was it:

Ok...back to the real intent of this thread...lol!
Old 11-06-2019, 12:54 PM   #48
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Seasons View Post
I should mention here, that with all the glueing, screwing, caulking and taping, and a few new parts - my rig progressively improves from the original condition at delivery, LoL!
Keep going,and you can honestly promote the RV, as 'totally rebuilt!' Or thereabouts... (large smile).
Old 11-06-2019, 01:16 PM   #49
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun_Seeker View Post
I can't see you 'out of luck'! If this Dicor is/was factory installed, then the application of such was factory-faulty. So, whatever 'down stream' damage resulted, should totally be picked up by Winnebago. As long as you did nothing to the original Dicor application...didn't remove, didn't add...you should be fully backed by Winn. If they still refuse under the lame excuse that sealant can 'deteriorate' from the day of factory application, I'd spend 15 minutes with a lawyer to see what your legal options might be. But unfortunately, you can't use your trailer, or 'fix' the issue yourself...if you touch it...Winn is free and clear...
That's my plan. I bought a cover to keep anymore water from getting in (and put a piece of duct tape over where I think the hole is) and now I'm waiting to get it to the dealer. I hope they agree that it was a factory mistake and back me against Winnebago. The only thing Winnebago would say is that seals aren't covered by the warranty as they are a "Maintenance Item". They did agree to extend the warranty which was up 10/31 to 11/20 which is as soon as the dealer could get it in. Fingers crossed.
E.Carlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 11:37 PM   #50
Winnebago Vita 24P

Quote:
Oh boy..does this post remind me of my MGB...with LUCAS electrics....great car...got wonderful complements with it in racing green...well, when the junk LUCAS ignition parts created a spark.....lol. Oh...don't get me going...back to the regularly programmed RV/TT show...

"Ok...this is bad...I miss my old MGB...hadn't thought of it in decades...jeez!"

This was it:

Ok...back to the real intent of this thread...lol!
Oh man I spent my life under those, and a Triumph TR-250, and a Jaguar XKE that was the last straw before I finally figured it out, and yes I wish I had the Jaguar or Triumph TR250, those were the days. Lucas, Laycock de Normanville transmission gears.
lenore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 06:19 AM   #51
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenore View Post
Oh man I spent my life under those, and a Triumph TR-250, and a Jaguar XKE that was the last straw before I finally figured it out, and yes I wish I had the Jaguar or Triumph TR250, those were the days. Lucas, Laycock de Normanville transmission gears.
Yep...all hair pullers...but I LOVED my racing green MGB...loved it...running or not, lol.

About an XKE...I have a story, ...about the one, that got away...'66..dealer lot...drove by it every day, in Encino, California...and one day...it was gone....

I guess we all have stories like that....shoulda-coulda-woulda....like that...!

Gawd...they had soul, didn't they? They were cars....and back then, I had a full head of hair to blow in the wind...now..a convertible would be a waste of money!...LOL!
Old 11-12-2019, 10:18 AM   #52
Winnebago Camper

Yes, everything you buy these days seems to have quality issues .. BUT, I own a 2005 Winne Sightseer 34A gas on Workhorse chassis and the quality back in 2005 is hands above what it is on the new Vista and Intent. My Brother and I were looking at several Vista and Intent models this weekend and found cheap hinges being used on cabinets; mis-aligned doors, especially bathrooms; and generally poor fit and finish throughout. I will say the exterior paint is excellent, but hey, that's done by the paint shop across the street from the factory!

In comparison, the Integra Emblem in the similar price range was noticeably better quality. I've been a Winnebago fan for ever, but if the factory doesn't get this stuff under control, drive the "bean-counters" out of the front office, and take back quality control ... they are not going to remain competitive long.
Old 11-12-2019, 10:58 AM   #53
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by al1florida View Post
I'm guessing your Class C would be on the used RV sales lot as one of the "like new" that has all the bugs worked out?????

New or used, a thorough inspection is a must.
Yes, I know of two pretty significant issues when I traded it in. I told the dealer about them and he said "we always go through everything after we take in a trade and fix any issues."

Wanna bet they did none of that? And when those two issues popped up for the new owner it was a "surprise" to the dealer.

One was intermittent and I had taken in 3-times to be corrected. But it certainly had not been fixed. The other was new and had not had a chance to be looked at yet.
Old 11-12-2019, 04:37 PM   #54
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
In full agreement. Factory installed approved materials by the factory. A attorney should be able to help, your dealer should stand tall on it even if Winnebago doesn't. The roof has a warranty right? They installed it, they sealed it.
I don't know what State you are in but Illinois just had a landmark case deciding that motorized RV's are protected also by a lemon law. If it doesn't meet the purpose for what it was intended for then a buyer is entitled to a replacement or refund minus the miles used.
Ret.LEO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 05:21 AM   #55
2019 Minnie+ 26RBSS

There are no schematics available for any of Winnebago travel trailers which is very disappointing. Can’t find out anything about any of the plumbing or wiring.
mthead55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2019, 09:52 AM   #56
RDP
Utah 2306BHS

If you call Winniebago Towables (574) 825-5250 The nice lady on the phone will send you a PDF of the electrical and plumbing diagrams for your trailer. They don't publish them on the website.
RDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2019, 08:30 PM   #57
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDP View Post
If you call Winniebago Towables (574) 825-5250 The nice lady on the phone will send you a PDF of the electrical and plumbing diagrams for your trailer. They don't publish them on the website.
This is good information to have. Thank you.

Why do you think Winnebago publishes this information on their website for their motorhomes but not for the towables?
Old 12-29-2019, 09:38 PM   #58
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitPond View Post
Why do you think Winnebago publishes this information on their website for their motorhomes but not for the towables?
Separate divisions. I'd guess. The RVs made in Forest City, Iowa are separate from the Towables which are made in Middlebury, Indiana - and they are descendants of Sunnybrook Travel Trailers. WBGO created a new subdivision in 2010 when Winnebago of Indiana LLC purchased SunnyBrook for $5.7 million.

Other TT manufacturers don't offer this info either. As far as I know none of them do.

Even most other motorhome manufacturers don't offer this info on their RVs. It's very unusual for any RV manufacturer to offer all of this extensive information.
Old 12-30-2019, 04:36 PM   #59
Winnebago Camper

I disagree ... I think you have to go back to 2005 2006 years to get the "quality" WBGO is/was known for. Don't get me wrong, I love my 2005 Winnebago 34a for the past 4 years now and have had only minor issues I've handled myself. Winnebago is and always has been in a class by itself, but their quality has slipped. Just look at the hinges on the cabinets; cheap spring clip deals on the Adventurer rather that residential hinges. These won't last.
I sincerely hope Winnebago Management reads these posts, and you may have noticed that everyone with an older coach 05 to 09 has had small problems. New coaches seem to have big problems. I walked through a show room near me and looked at the new Adventurer and other Class A's and was embarrassed by what I was seeing with fit and finish. I love my 2005, but would not buy a new one ... I would look for an 05 or o6 Journey ... these were fine examples of Winnebago quality.
Old 02-03-2020, 01:30 PM   #60
2019 Minnie+ 26RBSS

RDP - Thanks for info, the lady was very polite and efficient. I called her again today to get my LP quick connect coupler size (1/4" on 26RBSS) and she is certainly an asset to Winnebago Towables.
mthead55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
quality, winnebago