Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-05-2016, 06:28 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Winnebago Minnie Travel Trailer

i purchased a used 2014 winnebago minnie 2101 FBS this early spring- I have had it out 3 times now and seems to be working well for us. I heard I should clean it especially the rubber roof couple times a year. When I climbed up to inspect for the first time- I was kind of disappointed in the roof. I was told it was in good condition and suppose to last 12 plus years, but I'm not sure-
i have a couple pictures at the link provided- just scroll below the table of contents

Travel and Our History

any ideas what i should do- or is this standard?
thanks

greenc
2016 ford f250 gas
greenc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 05:20 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

A little discoloration and dirt isn't anything to worry about. Clean it using a brush and something such as Spic & Span. I can't tell by your pics if you are showing some cuts on the edge of the roof, but if you do, get some Eternabond tape to cover any holes or small cuts. Make sure you follow the instructions. Or, use Dicor sealant designed for rubber roofs. Rubber roofs will stain, but that will not affect it's useable life if maintained.
scbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 03:33 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Just give the roof a good cleaning. If you park it under trees, you will get some discoloration from the leaves. Not a big deal. I wouldn't recommend a pressure washer. Just a scrub brush and Spic & Span. It will also give you a chance to inspect all your caulk joints and seals and attend to them if necessary.
Old 06-09-2016, 04:49 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

rubber roof

thanks scbwr and Badlands Bob - cleaned up really well and condition of roof and caulking was great- followed a video I found- spic and span worked great and sponge couple mop buckets and 8 foot ladder -one hour and done- thanks again
Old 06-09-2016, 06:44 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

You're so welcome!!
Old 06-09-2016, 07:47 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

battery disconnect

my 2014 winnebago 2101 fbs minnie doesn't have a battery shutoff-
I have read a couple posts about how to install one, but no way no how could I ever be able to do it myself? so- I would like to charge up the battery (1-12v i think) and then be able to disconnect it for a time -so i dont have to keep plugging it in to keep charged up- how would I do that, and how long could i leave the battery then without having to recharge? thanks for all your help

greenc
Ford F-250 2016 supercab gas
Old 06-10-2016, 05:37 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Easiest way is to just install a quick disconnect at the battery terminal which doesn't require any installation. With the battery disconnected, it can sit for weeks without losing much of its charge. Another option is to hook up a trickle charger or a "Battery Tender" to maintain the charge.

During the camping season, I simply disconnect the battery and I don't have any problems. When storing for the winter, I bring the battery into my garage and periodically hook up my Battery Tender to it to keep it charged.
Old 06-11-2016, 01:05 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Battery discontect

Like the suggestion only question is looking at some videos of the battery disconnect, all have just one battery wire(white negative) but mine has two? Both going into the trailer body- any thoughts - should I use treat them as one single wire and connect the disconnect accordingly? Thanks
Old 06-12-2016, 11:06 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Take all the wires off the negative terminal and put on your battery disconnect. Then hook those wires up to the battery disconnect terminal. You're done. The battery should maintain a charge for several weeks with no draw on it. If you are going to leave it for over a month, I'd put it on a trickle charger.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:05 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Pull out & awing

Anyone have a 2014 Winnebago 2101fbs Minnie that knows how to retract both the awing and pull out in case that fail using the auto switches? Hasn't been a problem to date but my wife wondered on our last trip and I didn't have an answer not sure what we would do? Thanks
Old 06-17-2016, 07:23 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Following; wonder the same thing. Basically, we've been told there's no 'easy' way to do it :-(
GramaBabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 10:10 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GramaBabby View Post
Following; wonder the same thing. Basically, we've been told there's no 'easy' way to do it :-(

I checked with lippert when we got our trailer. They referred me to the process of disconnecting power at the control board to release the brakes and then told me that it would probably still take too much force to push in the slide. Their second suggestion involved removing the slide motors.

I'm confident I could get the job done with strong helpers and maybe an rv tech.

I'm pretty sure the awning is easier and there are instructions in the awning manual.

Don't get started on the quality of RV manuals - that's a whole other problem. Let's just say that a good data connection and computer helps ( or you can find all the necessary videos and download them before your first trip).

Here's a link to one of many videos covering the awning problem.

knightstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:15 AM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

Send a message via Skype™ to Nightwind15
2015 2101 RBS new to me

Hi,
I am posting this in two areas to get the best response. Thanks to all!

Hi,
I am new here and in the process of buying a 2015 2101RBS travel trailer. It was bought last March and traded in last week at Madison RV, Madisonm, AL
The guys at Madison RV (Clay) have been super helpful in helping my wife and I choose the best fit for us. We were going to buy a 2017 Micro Mini but this came available while we were looking. In the past I have had two motorhomes , a Casita Liberty and an Airstream Bambi 19. I can honestly say the Airstream was not worth the money. This 2010 RBS will do us very well as we are outdoors people and mainly want a place to sleep after a long day of exploring.

If anyone has any information about this unit in the way of maintenance, issues or advice please let me know here or via email. We will be joining some camping or owners group and would like feedback on that as well.

I have enjoyed reading this forum and hope to be a contributor when I can be of help.

Thanks to all.
Nightwind15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winnebago, travel trailer, travel