Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-19-2022, 04:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question window covers for 2108DS

Are there any prefabricated window covers/inserts that can be used for storage for a 2022 2108DS or do I have to make them myself? thanks
rickanddeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2022, 11:31 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I am curious what is the purpose of window covers that the blinds won't take care of. Are you looking for interior or exterior? Would an RV cover do what you want?
bostonmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 10:12 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for responding. I read that it is good to put in some type of reflective window cover to prevent UV rays from wrecking havoc on the interior during storage. Also read that there are some insulated window inserts that help cut down noise and light as well to help with privacy and ac usage. I am looking for some that are already made for the 2108DS so I don't have to make them. Are you or anyone else familiar?
Old 11-30-2022, 05:26 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I make "custom" Reflectix covers for inside the windows on both my RV's and boats. Cheap and easy to make.
thataway4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 07:24 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

thanks Bob!

saw a few you tube videos on making them. any particular one you recommend? what do you use with the reflectix? cardboard or something else?

rick
Old 11-30-2022, 08:18 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I just looked at several videos and it might be more helpful to use a paper, such as "
Rachel in Real Life" uses. I had not used backing, except with contact adhesive and back packing foam pads when we were ski camping at Mammoth Mountain in Calif. a number of years ago. The foam pads would help with hot areas also. There is very little R factor in even the double pane glass RV window. (We had all double pane in our Holiday Rambler 42' pusher which we owned prior the current Winnebago Via 25T.

I take careful measurements and then cut the Reflectix slightly larger than the inner window frame. I do use a sharpie, and some 3M blue tape to help hold in place when making the cutouts, I do the Reflectix first then cut the back packing pads to fit. For the windshield, you can buy a roll of Reflectix which is 48" wide--and that is wide enough, Also often you can sandwich the Reflectix between the shades on a Winnebago and the glass or plastic window. For the front window one might have to make the Reflectix very tight fit.

I have not used these for the Reflectix, but I do use rare earth magnets for the MagneShades which are external to the windows. I have all of the front windows on the VIA covered with the MagneShades, and could use those magnets for the Reflectix cover.
"
thataway4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 09:42 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

I used to use silver "bubble wrap" in the winter. Kept heat in and would work for your purposes.
bostonmary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 09:23 AM   #8
Site Team

To answer your initial question - I do not believe anyone makes "pre-fabricated" window covers or inserts for your travel trailer... or most travel trailers. Someone might make covers for Airstream curved windows, I don't know, but not for your standard travel trailer windows.

Self-cut Reflectix is the standard way this is handled. Buy it in a roll at Home Depot, Lowes or Amazon.

Just about anything you want to add to your travel trailer will be a DIY project that you will need to engineer. There's not an industry making "Micro Minnie Accessories" for your TT.
Old 12-06-2022, 09:09 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

thanks for the memories, i mean, tips!

Thank you all for taking the time to answer my question about window coverings for storage. looks like I'll be getting out some scissors. hope you all have a blessed Holy Days (holidays) season!

rick
Old 12-17-2022, 09:55 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Auto window covers

My neighbor bought folding truck window shades. A foam pad with foil on each side. He used scissors to cut the over sized shades into custom window sizes. Then he used small peal and stick velcro dots on the upper corners of the windows to hold the new covers. When not in use, they folded up reasonable well. I suppose the foam could add some insulation to your window when needed.

Craig
Craig is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
window