Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-24-2021, 07:10 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Bob C, I had a Nash and two Arctic Foxes. I met Ron before his stroke and found him super involved in his product.

I didn't have hardly anything go wrong on the TTs but once a water tank started leaking at the low point drain. The TT was two years out of warranty. The repair shop said it was stripped threads where the drain was screwed in to the tank. I called the factory (the repair shop didn't call) and without any proof other than my word the parts guy said, "Well, ship you a brand new fresh tank if you'll pay to install it." Deal!

Ron's gone and Northwood now owns Outdoor RV now too. I've heard there have been quality issues and that they are no longer so easy to deal with.
I had a Nash 22H and a 25S

Check out my post from today of a new AZ Expert video on Winnebago's failure to own up to their mistakes:

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...re-363053.html
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 07:59 PM   #22
Site Team

My Nash was a 16T and the AFs were 22H and 25S. I had already seen the video before you posted it.
Old 12-27-2021, 06:37 AM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Good luck !

I have has issues with Winnebago just like you ! My RV sat in the dealers yard for 5 months 1 month after we bought it ! The dealer nor Winnebago really cared . I contacted Winnebago and they told me straight out " IT'S UP TO THE DEALER" ! They would not help in any way ! This is my 1st and VERY LAST Winnebago !!!!!!! It has been one thing after another ! Pure JUNK !
Tom Ficca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2021, 08:28 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

My experience with Winnebago and with MY dealer has been outstanding in all aspects. We bought a 2021 1708FB from Broadmoor RV in Pasco, WA. Soon after getting it home, we discovered that one of the motor covers on the awning was missing. The dealer was right on the issue after I called them and had one to us within a week. No charge.

Our 1708FB fit and finish was very good. Yes, there were some minor issues that I fixed such as door alignment.

Compared to the Forest River R-Pods we've owned, the Winnebago we now own is lightyears ahead in fit and finish, floorplan layout, and build quality. And we were especially drawn to the design aspects including high axle height, dual axles, placement of gray, black, and water tanks, etc.

Obviously, others have different experiences with their dealers. Ours was excellent.
Old 12-27-2021, 10:42 AM   #25
Site Team

I know when I had a Forest River Class C I had terrible service from the local dealer (I didn't buy from him) and I never contacted FR about it or anything. If FR had a factory service location I wasn't aware of it and I did talk to a lot of FR owners.

In my first hand experience the RV was poorly constructed with lots of particle board that fell apart in 2-years of occasional use.

I generally have a poor opinion of FR because of this experience and when I post about that RV here I almost always add an (Ugh!) when I mention it.

Just having a complete individualized Operator's Manual, and lots of online Parts lists, plumbing and wiring diagrams, and help is a world of difference from the useless bag of OEM Installation booklets in a clear plastic bag that came with the Forest River.

But really, the things that failed were all 3rd party installed parts. And, the E450 chassis was horrid but I never did anything to try to improve drivability... I just hated driving it and did nothing about it.

I could post about it being "Pure JUNK" but was it? Probably not. It's all a learning experience and I've learned that MY Winnebago is built well and I avoid dealers at all costs now. So, I am happy with Winnebago.

Tags
parts, winnebago