Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-03-2022, 07:39 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Where to source replacement faucet caps?

These plastic nobs in my 2015 Ultralite have plastic caps that have become brittle with time and breaking.I could just leave the caps off but I think water will collect and mildew.

Does anyone know where I might get replacements? Do you think there is a "standard" as I don't know the brand.I guess probably could just replace the whole knob, but seems like a waste if can just get the caps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpeg
Views:	31
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	184327   Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpeg
Views:	31
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	184328  

Old 10-03-2022, 09:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

They're available but finding one to fit might be a challenge unless they're a standard size or the measurements are clear.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=faucet+ha...cceptance_1_17

https://www.lowes.com/search?searchT...+handle+button

https://www.homedepot.com/s/faucet+button?NCNI-5

Your best bet might be to take one of your handles to a real plumbing supply store where they can measure and fit something.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2022, 09:16 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Since most RV parts likethis are not RV specific but one company makes the parts for many different brands, they may be easier to find than expected!

Those look like the Moen, Delta, Peerless group of "cover button".
Taking the handle and looking at the big box for one which matches would seem the way to go but perhaps start with one of those brands as they are made by the same folks.

Silly pricing here, so do some shopping?

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Delta-1-...7446/203725328
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 04:32 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I doubt you will find them sold separately. That would interfere too much with their SOP of having you buy a new faucet and put it in. FWIW, a new tap costs less than $40 and is a fairly easy DIY installation. Winnebago does not "go overboard" on the quality of their plumbing fixtures. Replacing all the faucets on my rig was the best decision I'd made to date.
golden13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 06:39 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Actually if the faucets are made by one of the faucet builders, they are very common items and do sell at most of the big box stores. There are no RV specific faucets that I know of and it is like batteries in that there are very few battery factories but tons of different brands.
Peerless, Moen, Delta are all made by the same folks and a different finish or nameplate added!

One of the tricks to keeping rental property or rehabbing houses is knowing how to get the parts for the least invested!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 01:35 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Actually if the faucets are made by one of the faucet builders, they are very common items and do sell at most of the big box stores. There are no RV specific faucets that I know of and it is like batteries in that there are very few battery factories but tons of different brands.
Peerless, Moen, Delta are all made by the same folks and a different finish or nameplate added!

One of the tricks to keeping rental property or rehabbing houses is knowing how to get the parts for the least invested!
Yep, they even sell those at Ace Hardware along with the crystal looking handles if you want to replace those as well. With faucet (and toilet) parts for the big names like American Standard, Delta, Moen and Kohler I have had good luck calling the manufacturer and so far have had new parts sent for no charge, they don't even ask for proof of purchase and I haven't paid for anything, not even shipping. At least 4 times that I can remember. Pretty sure it's policy with the big names to keep their reputation up and keep you buying their brand. You do have to have your model number.

With Kohler I had a leaking supply line that was not available separately and they sent me a whole new $400 faucet with supply lines, did not even question it or ask how old it was.
Old 10-12-2022, 09:58 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

See what they can do for you.

https://www.durafaucet.com/

Tags
ace, replace, replacement