Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-24-2022, 09:32 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Water Water everywhere - Hike 170S

Hello!

We bought a 2022, 170S Hike. Took possession this spring. We did a 4 day shakedown trip between two campsites and all was well! Then every trip since we've had water issues.

June trip - drain in kitchen sink

July trip - leak from ceiling over the foot of our bed AND bathroom sink...somewhere.
August trip - water supply for kitchen where it joined to main supply AND leak from the window over the head of our bed.

The ceiling and window leak happened not while it was raining, but after we arrived at our campsite. Not even IN the rain. It'd leak about 1 cup of water and then stop. It rained all night one night (stormed even!) and nothing. I put down paper towels after we parked at home and no evidence of leaks at home.

For the most part I tightened all the sink leak areas and they stopped.

We did bring it in for service. Service "tightened and re-gooped" all our connections.

They could not find any of the ceiling or window leaks though after spraying the trailer for over 2 hours from all angles. Right now I asked them to go in and "shake up" the trailer or tow it around the block and see if that results in leaks.

If you've have any advice, similar incidents, please share/commiserate/give advice!

All that aside, we LOVE our Hike. So do our cats. Here is a pic of them. A close up otherwise you wouldn't see their tiny heads from a distance.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0090.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	420.8 KB
ID:	183927  
mandalkscats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 09:42 AM   #2
Site Team

Hi mandalkscats,
It sounds like you have it all fixed now. Certainly, your dealership sounds like they are on-board and addressing your concerns. Hopefully, no more water issues.
The Rime of the Ancient Mariner is my favorite poem!
Eagle5

Day after day, day after day,
We stuck, nor breath nor motion;
As idle as a painted ship
Upon a painted ocean.

Water, water, every where,
And all the boards did shrink;
Water, water, every where,
Nor any drop to drink.
Old 08-24-2022, 10:00 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

A good poem for campers and nature lovers, all. Respect creation!

I listened to the audio of part of it, I'd not ever read the full poem. I did and very much enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-24-2022, 12:39 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Did you run the rooftop air conditioner(s)? They are supposed to drain condensation out the side of the A/C and off the roof. If they are not installed properly, the condensation may go inside the roof and drip out anywhere.

Not related but also check that the sink drain line compression fittings are tight.
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 12:53 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Hello Bones2003,

Nope. Shhh...don't tell but it's my big shame that we STILL haven't tested the A/C. Just totally forgot about it. I'm noting to do that next time though. We can't keep forgetting while we still have warranty.

I will ask them to look at the sink drain line compression fittings. I'm not exactly sure what those are (I'm still learning!) and google is not helping me figure it out.

Appreciate your comment so much!
Old 09-05-2022, 04:04 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Bones2003 mentioned your air conditioner. The drain could be stopped from gunk or dirt dobbers. I had such problem years ago.
Please let us know what you found.

Tags
water