Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-11-2019, 06:06 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Warranty

Traveling this winter throughout the south we experienced several issues with our 2018 2108DS. We were unable to find a Winnie dealer to fix them while on the road. The dealers we contacted, found on the Winnebago website "find dealers" function, said either "We don't do towables" or "We haven't been a Winnebago dealer for xx months/years" or "We can look at your trailer, but we can't get parts if it needs them". Very frustrating and time consuming.
Winnebago customer service was great, documenting each issue for repair when we return home (after our warranty is up), and trying to find a dealer for us to go to.
None of the issues stranded us, just annoying stuff that should not have happened.
1. Just before we left in January we discovered a leak under the right front window that had stained the wall panel under the window. Our local dealer plans to replace the panel now that we are back. They pressure tested the trailer and found/fixed several poorly sealed locations.
2. We found another leak in the bath closet after a month on the road, moldy clothing was the clue. I sealed a poorly caulked roof seam on the aft right corner that may have been the problem.
3. Several of the strapping pieces that make up the interior supports for the couch broke. I replaced them with webbing straps from the hardware.
4. The slide suddenly started to drag on the aft side when extending or retracting. The vertical trim would catch on the floor molding and "snap" when going in or out. Went to one of the "Don't do towables" dealers and they sawed off the trim (I suspect this was fixing the symptom, not the cause).
5.The web strap on the spring closer for the screen door pulled loose from the rivet used to fasten it to the door frame. We ignored it.

We will see how the dealer handles these issues when we drop the trailer off in two weeks.
I posted this to vent, and to see if others have had similar experiences.
Fzyace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 07:23 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I traded my flawless '18 2108DS in for a 2108TB with multiple flaws. If my first experience with travel trailers was my new trailer, I'd probably be venting and leaving Winnebago. However, my dealer has been terrific in helping me not to become discouraged. Please post back after your dealer has had a chance to correct the issues with your 2108DS. When functioning as designed, these are outstanding trailers! I hope these issues are resolved and pave the way to years of trouble free enjoyment!
Donstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 03:23 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Some of the really big RV parks in resort areas have RV repair reps that come to the site and repair items. Their adds say they do warranty repairs too, but I don't know if true from firsthand experience.
Larry2108DS is offline   Reply With Quote