Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2022, 11:03 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

TV (tow vehicle) for Micro Minnie 2108TB

Just wondering if any folks have been using the new Ram's 1500 cc with factory 4 corner air suspension towing Micro Minnie size units?

Any issues with WD hitches?

Thanks
Nenomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 02:36 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I just purchased a Ram 1500 with the air suspension system and have a BH2100 MM.
Have not had much experience pulling the 2100; just a short trip. Had no issues towing with a Andersen WDH. Before hooking up the Ram manual says to put the system into JACK mode. Most of the time the system keeps you in the AERO mode. I really do not see much benefit in the system for towing; however I'm still learning about it so maybe my judgement is pre-mature. I hope others reply to your thread.
Old 11-15-2022, 04:12 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogers View Post
I just purchased a Ram 1500 with the air suspension system and have a BH2100 MM.
Have not had much experience pulling the 2100; just a short trip. Had no issues towing with a Andersen WDH. Before hooking up the Ram manual says to put the system into JACK mode. Most of the time the system keeps you in the AERO mode. I really do not see much benefit in the system for towing; however I'm still learning about it so maybe my judgement is pre-mature. I hope others reply to your thread.
I've shut off the automatic "Aero" mode at highway speeds, just don't like the ride in comparison to the "Normal" mode.

What I do like is how the truck levels out regardless of load placed on the hitch, at least it does with aero off towing boats up to 4000 lbs anyway.
Nenomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2022, 11:10 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenomad View Post
I've shut off the automatic "Aero" mode at highway speeds, just don't like the ride in comparison to the "Normal" mode.

What I do like is how the truck levels out regardless of load placed on the hitch, at least it does with aero off towing boats up to 4000 lbs anyway.
One time when I was hooking up I left it in the Aero mode. As I was lowering the coupler to place it on the ball the the suspension started to move up placing the ball out of aliengment with the coupler. Freaked me out for sure! From now on I will always put the system in the JACK mode when hooking up. The owners manual states to return the truck to normal ride height which what you do. Think I will do the same. That Aero mode is always adjusting the suspension even when the truck is park.

Keep me posted on your experience with the system. Thanks
Old 12-02-2022, 03:31 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

We just bought a 2020 Ram Limited with the air suspension to pull our 2108TB. Have not had any time to mess around with it yet except to hook up and take out to the dealer for them to take care of a couple of items under warranty. I watched a bunch of videos on YouTube showing trailer hookups of all kinds. My biggest chore was getting the hitch set at a height to level the trailer ! We have a Blue Ox WDH and our previous tow vehicle was a Honda Pilot. I watched a video where they used lowered the back end down with the air, backed up and then raised it up. Got out and popped the lever down and put the pin in. I was not that bold- I backed up and lowered the jack down onto the ball and latched it. Then watched the truck come up to level. Awesome. Did have to raise it up a touch to latch up the bars but nothing like we had to do before. Our hitch head is one of the 12" ones and will be replacing that and will hopefully be able to lower the tailgate while hooked up. Lots to learn but the tow out to the dealer was great and I'm sure plenty of adjustments will be made.
OldSup is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow