Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-30-2022, 04:58 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

TV Screen Breaks In Transport Minnie Plus 26RBSS

I’m about to buy the third tv for my 26RBSS. It’s secure in the bracket but for the second time I’ve gotten to the campground to find the screen shattered. I’ve traveled thousands of miles with no incident so it’s not a regular thing but I’d like to stop needing new tvs. So it comes off the wall bracket easy enough I’m thinking maybe lay it on the bed or tuck it in somehow. Anyone else have similar issues and a fix?
pj48009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 07:33 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I have read and reread your post and I don't understand how the screen is getting smashed. Is it coming off the mount or what? Please be a little more specific.

We have a second TV that I hang on the side of the Minnie for watching at night while camping. It is on the bed while on the road. Never had a screen smashed on either TV.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2022, 09:47 AM   #3
Site Team

I once transported a 55" TV in the back of my truck, screen-side-down, on padded material. The screen had a damaged spot from doing this. Very kindly, the store replaced the TV for me under warrantee, and they told me to transport it either screen-side-up, or vertically. Apparently, the components behind the screen can lunge down into the screen's backside during transit and damage it.
Is it possible that when towing the trailer, a side-to-side lunging is causing interior components to impact the back-side of the screen? I wonder if a different brand of TV would have better luck?
Eagle5
Old 12-31-2022, 03:32 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Your side to side prognosis may be what’s going on. To the previous question I have no idea how it’s happening. It’s on a wall Mount that came on the trailer new. It’s pushed all the way back and locked in place. I still think there’s a lot of shaking on some of our bad roads. The first cheap tv lasted two trips from Michigan to Florida and back. After the screen shattered I bought a Roku tv. It lasted two trips to Florida as well. I bought a lg today at Walmart. These are cheap 32 inch tvs. I’m saving the box and putting it in the original packaging on each trip going forward. Other than that I don’t know exactly how it’s happening and I know it’s rare.
Old 12-31-2022, 04:32 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Here’s something ironic. In the owners manual it says, never expose to excessive vibrations, never allow sudden jolts. Sounds just like a travel trailer. It also says when moving to put in original packaging which I’ll do. Also never store on either side, only upright. So I’m keeping the box and finding a way to secure it upright. Might even keep it in my truck. One more thing to set up. Hose, electric cord, sewer line, tv
Old 12-31-2022, 07:01 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

While still under warranty during our 1st year the cheap TV developed a streak across the screen. Winnebago sent me a check to cover the cost of a new cheap TV. I put some money with it and bought a higher quality Samsung 32" smart TV. After 19,000+ miles on good and bad roads it still performs like a champ. I bought a second one just like it to use on the outside of the trailer as mentioned above. https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung...?skuId=6202105
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scr