Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-07-2023, 01:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Toilet seems to be leaking

My Micro Minnie 2019 toilets seems to be or is leaking. What can I do to fix the problem?
crg502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 02:19 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Step one will be to sort out WHERE and how it is leaking.
It can be black water coming from the seal between stool and lower, fresh water leaking at the connection between the water line and the flush valve, A cracked bowl, or it might be just that the water is leaking past the valve at the bottom and running your fresh water tank dry.

You will need to take a look at where it is leaking before anybody can offer much help on a solution. When it leaks will be a help on sorting out where the water is coming from. If it leaks full time, it is more likely to be a leak in the incoming line. But if it only leaks a short time after you flush, that leans toward it being after the water gets to the bowl.
Lots of details make a difference. Does it leak full time when on hose water or only after you flush and the pump runs?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 05:56 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

The water flush valve is prone to crack if not winterized properly.

You will find this behind the toilet on foot pedal side.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Toilet Flush Valve.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	186260  
Old 06-12-2023, 10:04 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcborn View Post
The water flush valve is prone to crack if not winterized properly.

You will find this behind the toilet on foot pedal side.
Ditto.. My bad, last year got me on that one. It is crucial to run antifreeze all the way to that valve. With our winnie I need to remove the bottom slide out access below the kitchen sink and then access the short piece of hose to stick it in the antifreeze. THEN most importantly bypass the hot water tank and then run the individual lines with the pump turned on.

Last year I got lazy and just gravity drained the systems, big mistake as the toilet valve froze and split causing a slow leaker that was difficult to track down.

Instead of just replacing the valve I replaced the toilet and now keep the original as a spare.
If replacing just the valve then it is crucial to obtain new seals, bolts and nuts instead of reusing the factory ones.

Either way the toilet will need to be taken off the mount to fix the valve.
The valve is available cheap on Amazon but I would not recommend getting an after market cheap replacement. The original dometic branded one is more expensive and available through most RV dealers or online here:
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories...c/DOM93FR.html
reeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2023, 11:09 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I was able to replace the valve assembly as shown in the picture, without removing the toilet on my 2017 2106FBS.

Guess some trailers have less access.
Old 06-13-2023, 02:43 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcborn View Post
I was able to replace the valve assembly as shown in the picture, without removing the toilet on my 2017 2106FBS.

Guess some trailers have less access.
Unfortunately our toilet is in far too close to even consider putting a driver on the screws that hold in the valve let alone get a pair of pliers on the plastic insert flush valve to pull it out of the toilet. It was far easier to just pull the john and put it back with a new ring seal in our case. The nuts were also almost at the point of no return due to bi metal galvanic corrosion. Galvanized nuts on brass studs do wind up corroding seriously over time even if one coats them with sealant.
reeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2023, 01:48 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Toilet recall

There was a toilet recall for your trailer
Cwt7691 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ems, leak, toilet