Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-01-2020, 03:36 PM   #1
2020 2108FBS

Storage of Pots and Pans

I will be living in my 2020 FBS2108 for an extended time this winter (3 months). I am wondering where people store their cooking utensils? There is a little space under the sink. However, I was planning on using that space for a small garbage container. Any other storage recommendation for this model TT would be appreciated.
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2020, 08:12 PM   #2
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
I will be living in my 2020 FBS2108 for an extended time this winter (3 months). I am wondering where people store their cooking utensils? There is a little space under the sink. However, I was planning on using that space for a small garbage container. Any other storage recommendation for this model TT would be appreciated.
I looked at a video of your unit, and it does appear that space is limited for storage. Looked like there was one drawer I could see below the kitchen sink?

If that’s too small, I’d look at a small plastic bin that would fit under your dinette seats, or in a cabinet above. Not ideal I suppose, but you have to work with what you’ve got. Sorry I couldn’t have been more precise.

If nothing else, I gave your thread a bump...
Old 12-02-2020, 03:44 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

In looking at the unit, I would use the oven for most of my storage. I believe (could be wrong) that you will not use the oven. You will have to really think about how many and what kind. For some of the less often used kitchen stuff how about under the dinette seats.
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 06:29 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

might need to really think about what you need to cook with. Many folks going to the electric stuff and not having a lot of pots/pans. I got a small crock pot for wife (doesnt use!), she has electric skillet, Instant pot etc. Has a small pot for cooking noodles stuff like that. Most fits in a drawer, or the microwave. keeps an electric pot for hot water, so if going this route would need to find a probable storage bin and a place to put. You didnt say where you planned to live, but if in a park, they may have showers etc so that can open up the units shower as a storage location?
hank857 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 12:51 PM   #5
Minnie Winnie 26A

I have a different model, but similar problem. I bought the pricy Magma nesting cookware, Teflon coated. Several pots, skillets etc in 1 square foot. Then in the oven I leave a frying pan and small pot that I usually use. Only break out the Magma when I have to. All my ovenware is silicon instead of metal or glass.
GaryKowal1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 07:50 AM   #6
2020 2108FBS

Thanks for the reply’s. I don’t plan on having a lot of cooking utensils. Just a frying pan, a couple of pots and maybe two mixing bowls. I guess the oven would be a good place to store these. As far a electrical appliances there is almost zero counter space. I guess I could get a camp stove and cook anything I need to do on the range outside and use the oven top as counter space. I do have a small ice maker that I plan to take and trying to figure out where I will be able to use it.
TomC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 08:07 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Over the years we have almost totally changed the way we eat and how we do cook. One is almost done away with fried food while moving more toward the more versatile cooking things. Instant pot now does most things that we do while in the RV if it is not grilled/ cooked outside, so many things for cooking are now stored in outside compartments when we pack for moving. Instead of permanent inside storage, we keep the things we use outside in storage containers which we move in to clean but out for use and storage when on the road. The oven is an obsolete ox which we use for storage but one thing to keep ion mind is that the higher and heavier an item, the more likely it is to pop the door open and crash to the floor! So for the heavy, rarely used stuff, we bungee the oven door! Don't store the syrup bottle on the top shelf as turns make the top sway more and give you a better chance of a real mess, so it goes under the bed for storage! Carry flour in small sturdy containers!
We learned not to mix flour and syrup on carpeting way back in 69 and never forgotten the thrill!!!
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 04:49 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

We use the cupboard under the sink for our pots and pans, and I also toss my two big mixing bowls on top of all that (easy to move if I need something under there). We use an office garbage container that my husband built a fitted wooden lid for to contain smells. I throw a pillow on the garbage can and use it as a foot stool when relaxing inside.
Old 12-06-2020, 05:39 PM   #9
2015 Itasca Spirit 27QP

You can't use the oven! That's where the wine goes! I can put 8 bottles in there, after building a simple wooden rack to keep the bottles separated on the top part and use individual wine carry bags in the bottom to keep them from crashing into each other.

Oh yes, the pots and pans. Take along a minimal quantity of carefully chosen, multi-functional, pots and pans and store them, sort of nested, under the sink. You have to get creative with the must-have Instant Pot. You do have storage under your galley sink, don't you? If not, good luck and happy camping, if that's possible on an empty stomach.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 07:20 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2108DS and store a lot of stuff under the dinette seats. Don't know what is under the seats of the 2108FBS, but am assuming it is a huge open area like ours. Not the handiest, but is a large space available.
Ross H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 08:03 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

A nesting pot and pan set will usually fit in one of the drawers in the galley. This will usually limit you to a max 4 quart size however a larger stock pot can usually be stored under the dinette seats.

The Stansport Set is a popular one and around $50:

https://www.amazon.com/Stansport-Pre...0W58Y97QXFZPRH
Old 12-06-2020, 08:10 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

We use the shower stall for the garbage can. The can is easy to move when we want to use the shower. We also carry a few gallons of fresh tap water in the shower to avoid the taste of antifreeze. We use a minimal amount of pots and pans and rarely eat or cook out. Don't take things you don't use or can do without. When you have a small RV, you have to use whatever space you can find. (Formerly 24' View and 24" Navion, neither of which had much storage.)
Winnie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 08:47 PM   #13
Proud “No Intent” Owner

On a side note, seems nobody uses their ovens. Just wondering why? Need the space for storage, or, it’s worthless as an oven?
Old 12-06-2020, 10:15 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

My wife uses the oven often. It works quite well in the Intent for pizza and frozen stuff from Trader Joe’s.
Although, now she has 2 air fryers and almost everything cooks in one of them nowadays. It’s pretty awesome!
She would love to turn the oven into wine storage. Never heard that one before 😊
Old 12-06-2020, 10:23 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

My DW is always browsing Pintrest using "RV" as a starting point for new ideas and is a wizard in finding multi-function utensils and cooking appliances. She's also great with organization and finding ways to pre-prepare meals so they are quick and easy to pop in the microwave or a Hot Logic.

I guess we're fortunate that our Minnie Winnie has a decent amount of storage space, but with some head scratching and browsing the internet and stores like Bed Bath and Beyond one can come up with lots of ideas. Oh, and don't forget Camping World and Amazon. Lots of camping and RV stuff there too.
Old 12-06-2020, 11:57 PM   #16
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by akeagle View Post
My DW is always browsing Pintrest using "RV" as a starting point for new ideas and is a wizard in finding multi-function utensils and cooking appliances. She's also great with organization and finding ways to pre-prepare meals so they are quick and easy to pop in the microwave or a Hot Logic.

I guess we're fortunate that our Minnie Winnie has a decent amount of storage space, but with some head scratching and browsing the internet and stores like Bed Bath and Beyond one can come up with lots of ideas. Oh, and don't forget Camping World and Amazon. Lots of camping and RV stuff there too.
Ugh. Camping World...has anyone else had problems getting the stuff you ordered actually delivered?

I like to cook, being an ex restauranteur, so we have an induction stove, an air fryer, a sous vide gadget, and for outdoors, a Webber charcoal grill, and a Blackstone flat grill.

But I hate the OVEN. It’s a piece of crap. Looking to change it out for a convection oven, and when I do, you’ll all be the first to know...
Old 12-07-2020, 12:42 AM   #17
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Ugh. Camping World...has anyone else had problems getting the stuff you ordered actually delivered?

I like to cook, being an ex restauranteur, so we have an induction stove, an air fryer, a sous vide gadget, and for outdoors, a Webber charcoal grill, and a Blackstone flat grill.

But I hate the OVEN. It’s a piece of crap. Looking to change it out for a convection oven, and when I do, you’ll all be the forest to know...

When we first bought our Winnie we ordered a lot of stuff from Camping World because it was convenient "one stop shopping". It wasn't until a year later that I started paying attention to the shipping costs to Alaska which turned out to be at least equal to the cost of the merchandise. Their customer service people were less than sympathetic when I called to complain or ask about less expensive shipping methods.

It was right about then when we learned about Amazon Prime which even shipped free to Alaska, so we've been using that almost exclusively now. Once in a great while there is something we want that is available only from Camping World we may bite the bullet. But only if its something we REALLY need.
Old 12-10-2020, 06:54 AM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post

But I hate the OVEN. It’s a piece of crap. Looking to change it out for a convection oven, and when I do, you’ll all be the first to know...

Wyatt, we too bring the sous vide. I find it works out great for cooking and re-heating during camping trips. Nothing like dropping in a couple of ternderloins in the sous vide for a couple of hours and taking a hike to come back and quick sear outside in a cast iron. No comparison. We also vacuum seal meats and pastas ahead of time and just drop them in the sous vide to reheat for an hour.

And I totally agree about the oven, what a pos. I cannot cook anything in there properly, usually end up with a burnt bottom. We take a toaster oven combo and use that more than the oven.

Tags
storage