Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2021, 02:58 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Question Sticky Tank Valve - 2020 2108DS

we have a 2020 2108DS. The grey tank uses a rod type valve actuator. The black tank uses a cable-actuated valve actuator. I use a rubber mallet to assist in closing the open valve handle at this point. I our case, the black tank valve is extremely difficult to open and close and has gotten worse with age. I am using a silicone lubricant sprayed into the empty tank via commode, and have marginal improvement. I have used a RV valve lubricant product directly poured into tank with marginal improvement. I am shopping for a replacement black tank valve.
Dlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2021, 03:27 PM   #2
Site Team

Hi and welcome.

Since the sticky valve is cable actuated it might just mean that the cable is loose and not anchored properly.

Can you see the cable for the valve from under the TT? If you can follow it there should be a place where the outer sheath of the cable is anchored to something solid. If this is lose the whole cable will move you you push/pull the handle. If it's tight then just the cable inside the sheath will move and it should move your valve without issue.

Of course, since your TT is only a 2020 you should be able to get a dealer to look at this for you.
Old 08-08-2021, 04:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

I’m pretty certain they’re both cable actuated from the factory. You might try lubing the shaft at the handle to see if that is sticking a bit. People somehow lube the cables too, although I haven’t needed to do that just yet.
Old 08-08-2021, 11:00 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Known issue with Winnebago trailers. Apparently they installed the cable valves in a manner not supported by Valterra and they have failures of them regularly. I've seen numerous reports of this happening in the Winnebago Minnie FB group, and usually it involves having to drop the barrier and then replace the cable at the least, and sometimes even the valve. The cables are around 72" long, and simply lubing them at the pull handle doesn't do much good.

Tags
tank