Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-31-2023, 01:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Slide Out Problem 2022 2108DS FLX

My slide out on my '22 2108DS/FLX is having issues as well. Looking behind the seal it appears that the brackets attached to the wall in which the motors are also I guess attached are coming off. On the phone now to see about getting a appointment at the factory. Will be a long drive, but probably worth it. Will likely add the few other items like the awning and etc. I don't want to take it to the dealer I bought it from in SoCal.
Wolf359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2023, 01:39 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Try to get winnebago to pay for this as a replacement: https://vroomslidesystems.com

It would be closer for you at least and they are super nice and responsive. They've added a small dealer network across the country in the last year so I think the negative of no one will know what it is is going away. They quoted $3500 to replace mine and winnebago paid almost $5000 to redo my schwintek so you may be able to sell them on it. Granted there is warranty to think of etc... but I won't be messing around with the schwintek again. If you could get winnebago to sign off on it then I think the warranty problem would be solved.

The screen door closed while I was moving the slide last weekend and I just about had a heart attack thinking the slide broke again. My new rule is no noise of any kind while the slide is moving...
Old 06-01-2023, 12:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf359 View Post
My slide out on my '22 2108DS/FLX is having issues as well. Looking behind the seal it appears that the brackets attached to the wall in which the motors are also I guess attached are coming off. On the phone now to see about getting a appointment at the factory. Will be a long drive, but probably worth it. Will likely add the few other items like the awning and etc. I don't want to take it to the dealer I bought it from in SoCal.
Curious how that phone call went. Which factory would you be driving it to if that's an option?

Are they replacing these with another system? I see the other post about the Vroom one, that's an interesting option.