Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2022, 04:47 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Skylight for 2401RG Minnie Winnie

Hello everyone! I am new to this forum, so I hope that I am posting in the correct category.

Does anyone know the part number (or know how to find out this part number) for the skylight that is above the shower in a 2016 2401RG Minnie Winnie? Ours took a minor impact and now has a big crack down the center of it.

Thanks!
race3737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 08:19 AM   #2
Site Team

Hello and welcome!

There is a parts list online for motorhomes, but not for Travel Trailers.

If you had a “Minnie Winnie” as you said in your post you could look it up. But actually you have a Minnie 2401RG, not a Minnie Winnie. See, the Minnie is Travel Trailer and the Minnie Winnie is a Class C motorhome.

It’s an easy mistake to make. The difference in terminology doesn’t seem all that important but when it comes to parts, service and even asking for help on the forum it makes all the difference.

Now, about your skylight. I think you’ll have to contact a Winnebago Toyables dealer. An alternative might be to measure the outside dimensions of your existing skylight and check with Icon Products, they sell replacement skylights.

https://www.icondirect.com/skylights/
Old 10-15-2022, 08:52 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks creativepart!

On the side of our TT, it says Minnie but in our Winnebago paperwork, it lists it as a Minnie Winnie.

I've looked around online but I've had no luck finding a p/n for this skylight. I've also reached out to a few Winnebago Towables dealers but it was after closing for them yesterday so I hope to hear back by next week sometime.

I'll give Icon Products a try and see if i can find anything.

I would measure it, but the issue occurred when it was being placed into storage, so the 2401RG is now tucked away until next season.

I was just going to get the part now in case it goes on backorder, if it isn't possibly on backorder now.

Thanks!
race3737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 09:07 AM   #4
Site Team

Sounds like your dealer isn’t paying close attention to his products. There’s a huge difference between a “Minnie” and a “Minnie Winnie.” The Minnie doesn’t have things like a ford engine, a transmission or even a steering wheel. Maybe you can take that paperwork back to the dealer and request all the missing motorhome???

Hopefully a dealer will be able to look up the correct part number. Hopefully.

One thing about Icon, they’ll actually make you a part to your measurements. That’s how they operate. Sounds expensive but I think it costs no more.
Old 10-20-2022, 12:34 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

I'd call Winnebago towables directly. Here's contact info (obscured a little for the internet). Melissa has been absolutely awesome every time I have called for parts. You'll need your model and serial number and she'll use that to lookup the exact parts you need. And she'll ship them direct to you. I suppose parts may get more and more limited as the trailer ages, but this is definitely the way to go in my opinion. Skip the dealer.

Melissa Chandler
Parts Manager
Winnebago Towables
five seven four 825-8822
mchandler at winnebagoind dot com

tinglett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 06:32 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

minnie? winnie?

my '99 24w class c is just a minnie
ned37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 06:41 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ned37 View Post
my '99 24w class c is just a minnie
Yes, earlier Class C motorhomes were "Minnies." Newer models were labeled "Minnie Winnie". After that Winnebago labeled a line of larger travel trailers as "Minnies." It's really a bad naming naming scheme.

Micro Minnies, Minnies, Minnie Pluses, Minnie Winnie, etc are all too similar, not the least bit obvious enough and just generally confusing. Throw in the Dealers and sales people that call everything a "minnie winnie" and you have non-stop confusion.

Tags
light