Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-18-2020, 12:49 PM   #1
RDP
Utah 2306BHS

Screen for Bunk House access door

Has anyone purchased or built a screen to cover the opening when you open the rear access door for the Bunk House models of the Micro Minnie. I want to open the door for cross ventilation without letting the bugs in the trailer. Photos if you have them.
RDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 05:59 PM   #2
RDP
Utah 2306BHS

Bug screen solution for Bunk House access door

Ok, here is my solution for a screen to keep the bugs out when the rear bunk house access door is open to provide some cross ventilation.
36" x 84" piece of screen $7.00 (cut screen cut to 36" x 44") , 8 Spring Clamps $12.00

The best part is the rear access door closes and I don't have to remove the clamps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Door small.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	727.4 KB
ID:	173347  
RDP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 08:14 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

In our Travco (with an Airstream style curved door), I cut some fiberglass window screen to fit and had my upholsterer sew some Velcro around the edges. The I put the opposite sex self adhesive Velcro around the door frame. Easy up/easy down/easy to open and close/, and easy to store.
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 09:55 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

I have screened odd shaped openings by sewing "pockets" in the edges of screen and then using wooden screen bead to slide in the pockets to make it steady and easy to add a tab of velcro at each corner to attach over the opening. Seals better than loose edges but also easy to attach and remove. Also makes storage easy as the screen bead can be pulled out of two edges and rolled to fit small storage space. Magnets make a super attachment if it is near a good metal like a car.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, scr