Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2022, 04:03 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinglett View Post
I have a cover that fits a 2019 2108DS if anyone wants it. Just cover the shipping for me . I got it partly because a neighbor down the road had their TT covered and I didn't do much researching. Mine is in a spot where nothing falls on it, and I'm north so the UV isn't so bad. So I decided to avoid the hassle with the cover so it sits in its original box in the garage. Sorry about the shameless plug, but I figure free AND my opinion is something. Maybe .
Sent a PM
Old 02-18-2022, 05:41 AM   #22
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinglett View Post
I have a cover that fits a 2019 2108DS if anyone wants it. Just cover the shipping for me . I got it partly because a neighbor down the road had their TT covered and I didn't do much researching. Mine is in a spot where nothing falls on it, and I'm north so the UV isn't so bad. So I decided to avoid the hassle with the cover so it sits in its original box in the garage. Sorry about the shameless plug, but I figure free AND my opinion is something. Maybe .
With the help of another TT owner, we did a little investigating. As many perhaps suspected, shipping is tricky. First, I looked up and the "new" cover I have is an ADCO 64840. That's labeled as being for a 18'1"-20' TT. I spun the wheel when buying it, and it does fit the 2108DS like a glove. I don't think I pulled it over the propane, which is probably the difference from the next size bigger. It was still plenty loose. So that's some info that might help folks.

The other is shipping. Turns out I did toss my original box because there's no way I could get it back into it without a vacuum press. With a little help, I got an estimate of 28 lbs and $145 to NH. Wow! But it turns out I get a HUGE shipping deal through my employer so that same shipment is only $49 for me (and overnight, or 2-day...can't recall...but fast). Still a large amount of money for a "used" cover.

However, it does occur to me I'm at the WIT Grand National Rally in IA every year. I never get to attend the rally, but my wife and I do operate steam engines (yes, no kidding!) over at Heritage Park adjoining the rally grounds on the Sunday opening day. I could easily hand it over to anyone who happens to be there. Would be fun to say hi to a few of you guys. Maybe one day I'll be able to actually attend the rally, too!
tinglett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 08:21 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

I’m interested and sent you a pm.
-steve
SactoSteve is offline   Reply With Quote