Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-26-2020, 09:52 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

Roof Sealant

Does anyone know the product Winnebago uses on the roofs around things like vents of the newer (2019) Micro Minnies? It looks like a product that gets poured out rather than something that comes out of a tube.
Goodspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 11:39 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodspike View Post
Does anyone know the product Winnebago uses on the roofs around things like vents of the newer (2019) Micro Minnies? It looks like a product that gets poured out rather than something that comes out of a tube.
At one time I saw a sealant call out sheet for Winnebago towables that I can't find now. I'm 95% sure that, on the rubber roofs found on the towables, Winnebago uses Dicor (in contrast to what they use on their MH's fiberglass roofs). It comes out of a tube but looks like it's been poured since it's "self-leveling".

You can always call or email Winnebago to confirm.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 05:16 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Thank you. I guess self leveling could come out of any container!
Goodspike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2020, 05:59 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Whatever Winnebago uses as a sealant on the roof around skylights is not very good. Several people have complained about leaking skylights, including myself on our one year old Sunstar. I completely removed ours, cleaned the area with Acetone, put down caulk tape, installed the skylight, then sealed with Geocel RV. No more leaks!
T00lman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:34 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Travel trailer roof sealant

This information is directly from Winnebago, in response to my inquiry regarding my 2019 Winnebago Minnie.

We do not have a sheet however I can give you the information. We use a dicor self-leveling sealant on the roof of your unit, if you are wanting to do maintenance any self-leveling sealant would work. The sidewalls and interior of your unit we recommend a high quality silicone sealant such as geocell.

Brandy Droptiny

Senior Retail Warranty Representative
Customer Service
574-825-8876
Tragus52 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof, seal