Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2020, 04:49 PM   #1
Skypilot747-400

Replace 2201ds black tank cable valve

Hello, My black tank on 2201ds Minnie is leaking , have portable shut off valve on the end at present. Am going to have my repair shop replace the black tank valve, also the grey as long as he is doing the black It is under the trailer blanket in rear. I am wondering if any Minnie owners with the cable valves have had trouble with your valves and the best cures was to replace the complete assembly
Thank you.
skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 06:11 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Lubing the cable and keeping it lubed sometimes works.
GaryS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 07:47 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
Hello, My black tank on 2201ds Minnie is leaking , have portable shut off valve on the end at present. Am going to have my repair shop replace the black tank valve, also the grey as long as he is doing the black It is under the trailer blanket in rear. I am wondering if any Minnie owners with the cable valves have had trouble with your valves and the best cures was to replace the complete assembly
Thank you.
My 2108 goes in to the dealer next week because the Black and Grey handles extremely difficult to open. I even got a bonus problem thrown in, the Black leaks into the drain pipe, quite the mess to dump (yuk). I installed a 1/2" tank bung and cap in the 3" drain cap so I could drain into the stinky slinky before I disconnect the cap and connect the hose.

Sounds like these valves require very regular lubrication, I will ask the dealer what to use and report back.

Tags
ace, black tank, replace, tank