Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-26-2022, 09:01 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Refrigerator door fell off underway

Have new 2022 Micro Minnie 1700bh. On last trip refrigerator door totally fell off. Anyone else have this issue?
DeePatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 10:51 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Wow, sorry to hear that. Where is the quality and pre delivery inspection today.
Old 07-26-2022, 11:36 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

So the question becomes what part of the frig door failed? Did the mounting screws come out or did the pin of the door not fit into it's spot well?
One of our first frig door fails was due to the way we stocked it. We were not thinking and let a big bottle get a good run at the door and it was like an elephant on the loose!
Small bottles of soda have less kick than larger!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2022, 04:37 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Haven’t had the door fall off, but did have the entire fridge fall out of the cabinet surround. Seems late model MMs with 12v compressor fridges have a bad mounting design, with only two screws at the top holding the weight of the fridge. I’m pretty handy, so I was able to do a more secure mounting when I got home. Winnebago refused to accept the blame.

If your door fell off, at least you can make file a warranty claim with the manufacturer of the fridge. Take plenty of photos.
Old 07-26-2022, 05:18 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Fridge door fell off

I can only imagine your surprise when you opened your TT door to find that. I don’t know how many trips you have taken and we are new to RV/TT (2021 used) but each trip had a screw loose here and there and I will agree with other post about QT, but I had a conversation with a guy one time and he said take your house put it on wheels and drag it down the highways and back roads that we travel and see what happens. Get your tool bag stocked and prepare to check before, during and after each trip. Don’t be discouraged and enjoy your TT. Ron
RonW58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 07:39 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

The final inspection on any new RV is performed by the initial owner. Brand doesn’t seem to matter, it’s the whole industry.
Dennis4809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 08:52 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Yes Yes Yes... Our 2016 Vista LX Norcold refer door broke off the bottom hinge when we at Grand Canyon ! Smash, Crash ! Big time design problem with Norcold refer doors
Good news is the offer a hinge stiffener! AMAZON has them along with new door
------------------
2015 Vista LX 30t
2008 Nissan Xterra SE toad
poodleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 11:30 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Not sure which Fridge you have but for some there was an upgrade to replace the plastic hinge with a metal one. On our previous RV we put the upgrade in and it made a nice improvements. No broken hinges.
rreynolds51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 10:43 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Refrigerator Door

If it was the bottom hinge that broke you can search that issue. My post will show up with part number etc. For beefed up hinge kit. Had to get a new door also.
Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
refrigerator, door