Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-23-2022, 03:32 PM   #21
Winnie-Wise

Haloview Mounts

Has anyone looked at the Haloview CA115 or CA116 Mounting option, especially if you not prewired.

The CA115 is agreat option no drilling holes required and no magenet.

https://www.haloview.com/haloview-ca...ht-camera.html

I like how the CA116 kit is centered below the marker light, problem is you have to drill new holes (potential for leaks). Don't like the magnet option, I can just see the camera falling off on those well maintained Washington roads. (Lost 4 fillings on my last outing) lol.

https://www.haloview.com/haloview-ca...ty-camera.html

Would love to see Haloview make a center mounted version of the CA115 held in place by the marker light, best of all worlds.
Bcborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 03:50 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Bcborn, those are clever ideas.
Bigbird65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 06:11 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbird65 View Post
The installation for me was very simple and my 4 year old trailer had no adapter. When you get it going how about a report? Maybe some photos.
I attached some pics. I went a step further and added side cameras too.

I was unable to mount the rear camera using all 4 of the existing holes from the Voyager cover due to the wire adapter sticking out. So I decided to use the 2 lower holes and fill the 2 upper holes with epoxy. I put tape over them to protect from rain before the epoxy cured. If I were to do this over I would just cut off the Voyager prewire port and wire the camera in directly with no wire adapter, just the adapter plate. Then I could use the existing holes.

The only other issue I encountered is with the "Solar on the Side" port (reference the pic). I have no intention of using that port. I will add my own port later. In the meantime, I didn't want to tackle patching a large hole right now so I left the port installed. I also couldn't relocate the camera to another position unless I left the old side light installed or else I would have had to patch a 1/2" hole left by the old side light wiring in addition to filling the old screw holes.

I have not installed the monitor yet because I have a new vehicle coming in a few weeks and I should not be needing to move my TT before then.

This took me about 2 hours.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Rear Camera.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	182638   Click image for larger version

Name:	Drivers Camera.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	128.2 KB
ID:	182639  

Name:	Passenger Camera.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	143.0 KB
ID:	182640   Click image for larger version

Name:	Monitor 3 Cameras.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	303.2 KB
ID:	182641  

Old 04-27-2022, 06:31 AM   #24
Winnebago Master

Really good job Dave. Thanks for posting the photos.
Old 05-10-2022, 10:38 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

This is the exact system I installed on our 2021 1708FB. It is the best TT upgrade I have ever done. You will need the extended mount which should, but does not, come with the system. The Haloview system has proven reliable and very worth having.
Old 05-10-2022, 11:10 AM   #26
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytwntrvlr View Post
This is the exact system I installed on our 2021 1708FB. It is the best TT upgrade I have ever done. You will need the extended mount which should, but does not, come with the system. The Haloview system has proven reliable and very worth having.
Yup, Haloview is one of the best out there.
Old 05-10-2022, 11:47 AM   #27
Winnie-Wise

Field of View

Adjusting the tilt of the camera will effect the rearward field of view. I looked at a Furrion back up camera and noticed their was not a lot of tilt downward. How many feet behind the bumper is lost before objects come into view.

Concerned with objects (wife, kids, trees etc...) when parking. If you don't see the first 10 -15 feet behind the trailer, would assume they are made to see cars in your rearview so you can change lanes safely.

Back up cameras in vehicles have detectors for objects your about to hit.
Old 05-10-2022, 12:28 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcborn View Post
Adjusting the tilt of the camera will effect the rearward field of view. I looked at a Furrion back up camera and noticed their was not a lot of tilt downward. How many feet behind the bumper is lost before objects come into view.

Concerned with objects (wife, kids, trees etc...) when parking. If you don't see the first 10 -15 feet behind the trailer, would assume they are made to see cars in your rearview so you can change lanes safely.

Back up cameras in vehicles have detectors for objects your about to hit.
Is that a question? I haven't checked the actual distance from my bumper to the view, but I'm backed up to a fence and the entire fence is visible. I can also see most of the shadow from the back corner of the trailer. I'm guessing the distance is no more than 1' or less to the bumper which is close enough for me. I want to be able to climb the ladder on the back if need be and also to load/unload the spare tire. So I want a few feet of clearance in the back anyway. But I'll check the distance to be sure when I get the chance.

If you want to see the bumper then consider placing the camera lower or mounting it pointing straight down using an angled bracket of sorts.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Monitor Rear Camera.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	346.0 KB
ID:	182807  
Old 05-10-2022, 07:24 PM   #29
Winnie-Wise

Thanks Dave,

That answered my question that it can be tilted with the regular hardware to see close to the rear of trailer.

From viewing the fence which you said is not far from the rear of the trailer, you wouldn't see a car greater than 10 feet or so behind you. Assume most people point the side mount cameras outward a bit to see the passing lane as they would likely only see straight down the side of the trailer otherwise.

Is there a blind spot in there somewhere that you need to pick up with a wide vehicle or extended mirrors?

I tow with a Tacoma and it's not real wide (thus the 7 foot wide trailer). No one make good fitting extension mirrors for a new Tacoma either. To see anything with in 50 feet behind, I need to swerve a bit and I have the mirrors turned out so as not to see the truck itself.
Old 05-11-2022, 05:58 AM   #30
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Thanks Dave,

That answered my question that it can be tilted with the regular hardware to see close to the rear of trailer.

From viewing the fence which you said is not far from the rear of the trailer, you wouldn't see a car greater than 10 feet or so behind you. Assume most people point the side mount cameras outward a bit to see the passing lane as they would likely only see straight down the side of the trailer otherwise.

Is there a blind spot in there somewhere that you need to pick up with a wide vehicle or extended mirrors?

I tow with a Tacoma and it's not real wide (thus the 7 foot wide trailer). No one make good fitting extension mirrors for a new Tacoma either. To see anything with in 50 feet behind, I need to swerve a bit and I have the mirrors turned out so as not to see the truck itself.
I don't know, The TT hasn't been moved since before I installed the cameras. But I also have cameras on the side at the very front of the TT, so I don't think I'll have any blind spots.

The Haloview system also supports up to 4 cameras. I'm using 3, so if I really wanted to I could buy another camera and put it any place I wanted/needed.
Old 05-13-2022, 04:05 PM   #31
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
If I were to do this over I would just cut off the Voyager prewire port and wire the camera in directly with no wire adapter, just the adapter plate. Then I could use the existing holes.
Dave,

Does this mean you did not use the Voyager prewire setup? On my install, I found out these wires are always on and thus, the camera is always on. They are not tied into the running lights.
No1Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 04:09 PM   #32
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1Hunter View Post
Dave,

Does this mean you did not use the Voyager prewire setup? On my install, I found out these wires are always on and thus, the camera is always on. They are not tied into the running lights.
Always on is certainly not something I would want. I really like using the parking light setting.
Old 05-13-2022, 05:04 PM   #33
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Always on is certainly not something I would want. I really like using the parking light setting.
Yeah, me neither. I terminated the TT camera leads and ran the camera leads up to the LED running light above it. The camera only works with the running lights now.
Old 05-14-2022, 03:00 PM   #34
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1Hunter View Post
Dave,

I did use the Voyager prewire, which is why I couldn't use the 4 existing holes with my setup. The Voyager adapter cable sticks straight out about 2" from the plug. I didn't order the extender bracket, only the adapter bracket with the adapter cable. If I were to do this again I would cut off the Voyager plug on the TT and wire directly to the wires that were in the plug. Then I wouldn't need the Voyager adapter cable that prevents a flush mount.

None of my cameras have power unless the parking lights or headlights are on. Daytime running lights will not power them on. So on my camper the Voyager prewire is linked to the running lights.

I took some measurements today for the person who was asking. I have approximately 32 inches from the rear bumper to the bottom of my video screen at ground level. Since the view gets farther away from the camera the lower it is viewing, at bumper height it will be less than 32 inches. You can trig it out if you know the height from the ground to the camera.

I also took the time to adjust the parking lines. They can be moved up, down, left and right. But not closer or farther apart. I have them centered in relation to my TT now.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20220514_141948.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	290.3 KB
ID:	182858   Click image for larger version

Name:	20220514_141923.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	450.2 KB
ID:	182859  

Name:	20220514_141930.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	446.7 KB
ID:	182860  
Old 05-14-2022, 07:40 PM   #35
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
None of my cameras have power unless the parking lights or headlights are on. Daytime running lights will not power them on. So on my camper the Voyager prewire is linked to the running lights.
That's interesting as mine were wired to a 10 amp fuse at the power distribution panel. I found out the hard way when I cut the plug off, both wires at the same time, and blew the fuse. The TT was unplugged from the TV at the time.

Someone messed up at the factory!!!
Old 05-14-2022, 08:26 PM   #36
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post

I took some measurements today for the person who was asking. I have approximately 32 inches from the rear bumper to the bottom of my video screen at ground level. Since the view gets farther away from the camera the lower it is viewing, at bumper height it will be less than 32 inches.
Thanks Dave,

If a car was following you 50 - 100 feet behind with the current setup, do you think they would come into view at the top of the screen?
Old 05-15-2022, 06:37 AM   #37
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Thanks Dave,

If a car was following you 50 - 100 feet behind with the current setup, do you think they would come into view at the top of the screen?
My MC7108 camera is so wide view that you see the highway to infinity as well as a car pulled up right next to my Minnie with this camera angle.

Old 05-15-2022, 09:40 AM   #38
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
My MC7108 camera is so wide view that you see the highway to infinity as well as a car pulled up right next to my Minnie with this camera angle.

Dave and Bigbird, thanks for the feedback.

Looking on online the Mc7108 and MC7109 are both available. From this post the MC7108 requires the extension mount to clear antenna.

As my trailer is not pre wired or have a mount on the rear either option will work.

Bigbird, can I assume the MC7109 was not available at the time you purchased the MC7108, thus you had to purchase the extension bracket.

Had the MC7109 been available would you have gone that route., and have avoided the extension bracket.
Old 05-15-2022, 10:02 AM   #39
Winnebago Master

Never considered buying the MC7109, only the MC7108. Yes I ordered the extension bracket. Mine also was not prewired. The only problem using the original bracket in the position shown in my photo with the MC7108 is the antenna prevents raising the camera up enough because of the light. If you lower the whole assembly an inch before you drill the 3/4" access hole you probably won't need the extension. That was not an option for me since the hole was already there from a previous camera. You can contact Haloview to see if they have the extensions in yet or buy the MC7109.
Old 05-15-2022, 10:05 AM   #40
Winnebago Master

Haloview: https://www.haloview.com/products/accessories.html

Tags
camera